Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw my first 300 game

Chats: 204

Thumbs up Saw my first 300 game

Last night a guy finally threw a sanctioned 300. I knew it would happen eventually with those lanes being so easy…it ALMOST happens nearly every week.

But, in 2 years of bowling…I've seen 270-280 games, 11-in-a-row, a guy threw a triplicate on my Tuesday league the night before, I think there was an all spare game once a season or so ago…seen more than one 299…but never seen a 300 or 800 in any of the leagues I've played in. So, last night…I didn't get to SEE it myself…the guy was on the other end of the center…but at least I can finally say I was there in person when one was rolled.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

I have seen a few 300's close enough that I could watch haven't seen a 800 yet in person. Seen some 770-780's
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I was in a center when somebody threw a sanctioned 300 once, but it wasn't my league and I was just there for open bowling. Still pretty cool to here the announcement though. It's also reassurance that it's possible to do at the center.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

A team mate of mine threw a 300 and 800 the same night it was fum being there!!!

Bowler

I've seen a few in my time, but never sanctioned and never one of my own. Closest I got was 299... $/:@#|^^+* seven pin!!!

I think the winter league I'm in had something like 17 300 games last year, so I have seen dozens of them over the past few years and have had them thrown against my team 2 or 3 times this past season. One young man had several of them and bowled a 846 on the next set of lanes this year while one of his teammates also had a 300 and finished with a 799, it was quite a treat to see that especially when they are both nice guys.

Cool to see them. More fun to throw them!

My league this year had 9 300s and a couple 800s to go with it.

Two years ago, this guy on the lane next to me shot 299 (ringing 10), then shot 300 the next game. He ended up with something in the 820s

I've watched a 299.
    I heard a 300 called out during a league when I was open bowling...then I heard a guy at the counter informing them that it was a glitch and he had a couple pins standing!

I believe there has been 8 in my business men's league. It's been going since August and is usually good for about 10 a year. I've seen about 20 in person, and saw my first 800 3 weeks ago when it was bowled against my team. I haven't hit either mark yet, but I'm only 22 and I know I will hit them at some point

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast