Thread: Forza Redline Video Review

Default Forza Redline Video Review

Description: The Forza Redline uses the same Torx Core as the original Forza. The coverstock however, consists of the new Helix Pearl Coverstock. The Forza Redline also again uses the MOTIV Badge logo, which gives it great shelf appeal..not that a yellow ball needs anymore help!

Reaction: This release is very simple...it's a benchmark ball and it’s designed to be used on all but extreme conditions. The Forza Redline is meant for many scenarios:
    1) Light to light/medium oil balls are too weak, or
    2) Heavy oil to medium/heavy oil balls are too strong, or
    3) Angular balls are responding too fast to friction, or
    4) Smooth balls are responding too slow to friction
    My first layout (60X5X35) is the cleaner and faster responding down lane of the two. The second layout (70X4.5X60) is one of my more favorite even layouts, though still plenty continuous. So far I like this layout a little better as it provides the ideal shape for a benchmark ball.

Comparisons: The Forza Redline is very well complimented with other balls in production by MOTIV. To start, the Original Forza is earlier and smoother, but only barely stronger in overall hook potential. Next, the Octane is a little cleaner and provides a faster response to friction, but is weaker in terms of hook potential.

Summary: Every ball that MOTIV currently produces surrounds this benchmark ball. Whether you're looking to enhance your current arsenal or start an arsenal from scratch this ball is a necessity. It's that ball you throw to start practice before competition, because it reads the lanes so well and dictates what ball you should be using.

Mike Magolan
    MOTIV Staff | Turbo Staff

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Thanks for the great video, Mike. I like everything about this ball. The yellow color and the standout graphics remind me of an old race car. The ball motion and the OOB surface (5000 grit) scream benchmark and versatility.

This is the first Motiv ball to tempt me since they first rolled out of the plant. Of course that would mean I'd need to put down my new Brunswick stuff lol!