Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Witnessed An Incredible Performance

Default Witnessed An Incredible Performance

Last night in the Almost Scratch Doubles League at the Southpoint Bowling Center in Las Vegas, Johnny Petraglia Jr. (son of the Hall of Famer of the same name) rolled games of 300-268-259-279 for a four game set of 1106. Petraglia, a lefty like his dad, used a Radical Mighty Guru on all but a few shots throughout the night. While his performance was totally awe-inspiring, the bad news for my partner and I was that he and his partner (his wife Andrea who is also a very good bowler) were bowling against us last night. Ever felt like you were being run over by a freight train?

Chats: 32

Haven't had quite that but yes I've felt just like getting out of the way because nothing I'm going to do will matter. I think if I'm going to lose I'd rather lose like that at least it's fun to watch.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Ever felt like you were being run over by a freight train?
    Just this Tuesday in fact. The first set of two games my partner and I had decent scores. Our opponents were each 20 to 30 pins over average each game and swept us for all 19 points. On the bright side for us, we came back taking our frustrations out on the next team we bowled.

I saw Johnny Petraglia Jr. practicing at our local center once. It was like watching a tape loop of the same strike over and over.
    John

Ringer
    Chats: 0

The real question is......what did he leave?

He missed something like 5 strikes the whole night?

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    The real question is......what did he leave?

He missed something like 5 strikes the whole night?
    I believe it was a six pin and the rest sevens. The only time he missed the pocket all night was in the last game, and somehow everything went down.

That had to actually be really cool to watch. I'm sure at some point you were just assuming he was going to strike and were surprised when he didn't.

That would be unbelievable to watch and incredible to bowl against someone like that ! Very cool!

Cranker

Pretty ridiculous scoring there, wow.

His name is Petraglia. The pins knew that. They fell simply out of respect.
    DV8 Red/Orange Misfit, Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Pyramid Blood Moon

I don't know about the name, seeing that Rex Johnson, a good bowler that noone has heard of, also shot 300 against us the first game tonight. I think we should start charging a fee to the teams who bowl against us seeing as they seem to shoot 300... a lot! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast