Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: Designed for heavy oil, the Primal Rage Remix provides more length than the Jackal and a hostile backend motion. The proven Impulse V2 core is underneath the new Raw Fusion Hybrid Reactive cover stock, this cover allows the Remix to retain energy in heavier oil environments and make a strong move as it encounters more friction. The cover is tuned with a 4000 Grit LSS finish.

Out of box surface: 4000 Grit LSS
Layout: 4 x 4 1/2 (no weight hole)

Ball Reaction: The reaction is the opposite of the original whereas you saw the strength of the Primal Rage down lane, the strength of the Remix is shown upfront as it hooks more. In the Remix you have a ball designed for heavy oil that is strong in the midlane and has a quick response encountering friction, and it’s rather angular which I find to be its best quality.

Comparisons
Primal Rage: I used the same layout for my Remix as I did my Primal Rage. The Remix is relatively a stronger version of the Primal Rage itself, it is bigger in the midlane and responsively sharp downlane. I attribute this to the Remix having oob surface compared to the original Rage. The Remix and Rage are both clean; the glaring difference is the hook the Remix possesses.
The Remix hooks more than the original Rage but the original has more back end. The original is also smoother than and not as angular as the Remix. In terms of heavy oil I personally never had any trouble using the original but using the Remix it was just easier, I didn’t have to be as careful with my ball speed because the Remix picks up sooner. If I pushed it off my hand instead of the ball skating the Remix would roll in the oil, which is what I want the ball to do in the oil. On flatter patterns personally I’m choosing the Remix.

Jackal: The Jackal is bigger than the Remix in the midlane and does not go as long, I love using my Jackal when there is a puddle in the middle of the lane where I prefer to play. When the oil started to fade up front the Jackal was not clean enough, the Remix is different as it doesn’t start as early as the Jackal. Both are in the heavy oil category, but the glaring difference is the ball motion itself. Overall the Remix has a lot more ball motion down lane.

Revolt: The Covert Revolt has a more controlled motion than the Remix, its not as sharp coming off of the pattern. Using both at oob finish the Remix is longer than the Revolt and provided me with a stronger reaction in the midlane, the glaring difference between the two being the cover itself. The Revolt has more oob surface.

Forza: The Forza has a very early ball motion in comparison to the Remix, and is nowhere near as angular. Comparing the two together I absolutely agree with the chart, the Remix leads in every category and in dominating fashion. I tested both of them on long and heavy and long and flat patterns, the Remix excelled more in my opinion. It was more versatile for what I wanted to do.

Summary:
I always find it amazing how Motiv continues to fill gaps in an already complete line up, I was very much in love with the original Rage and that love has carried over to the Remix. I’m pleased with what I see out of it in terms of ball motion, and I love the color green. In most cases bowling balls designed for heavy oil set up rather early, but the Remix does not and that’s what I like about it. The Remix will be my ball of choice when I want more backend strength when I encounter those heavier patterns, instead of using my Revolt. If you have ever wanted more out of the Primal Rage I encourage you pick up the Primal Rage Remix, because #RawPower isn’t just a cool hastag.

It’s the truth.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C.White II
Motiv Staff
Whybowl Staff