Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ball cleaner

Default Ball cleaner

What's the best value cleaner available and where do you buy yours? Conventional products or home brew secrets welcomed.

This is for a pearl ball by the way, not that that should make a huge difference.

Personally, I use Isopropyl Alcohol most of the time.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by John Anderson View Post
    What's the best value cleaner available and where do you buy yours? Conventional products or home brew secrets welcomed.

This is for a pearl ball by the way, not that that should make a huge difference.
    There's pretty much no one answer, everyone has their favorite.

Neo-Tac Hook-it is one of the most powerful spray cleaners.

Powerhouse Clean'N Dull is about the best penetrating cleaner.

Alcohol has been used for years and will clean the surface off okay.

The Simple Green/Alcohol mix (a 50/50 mix) is a very popular home brew mix and has been used for years also.
    (Some use a equal mix of SG&Alco&/water)

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Personally, I use Isopropyl Alcohol most of the time.
    What concentration? I know I've got a bottle around already so I'd definitely try it.

Do any cleaners get some oil out of the coverstock? I know no surface cleaner will remove all oil, but some is better than none.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

What concentration? I know I've got a bottle around already so I'd definitely try it.

Do any cleaners get some oil out of the coverstock? I know no surface cleaner will remove all oil, but some is better than none.

Clean'N Dull and Hook-it both will remove some of the oil from the pores.

Here's a comparison of a ball with half cleaned with Clean'N Dull and the other half with Energizer Cleaner.

Here's a comparison of a ball with half cleaned with Hook-it and the other half with Kegel Revive

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Thank you for the awesome comparison. Where would you get either of those from? Pro shop? Online somewhere?

I used to use straight simple green and lately have been using monster tac. It came free with a ball purchase, I think. I swear it smells and looks like windex but does seem to clean up surface oil and wheel marks from the ball returns.

Thank you for the awesome comparison. Where would you get either of those from? Pro shop? Online somewhere?
    Thanks for posting the reviews, I think both are available at Bowlingball.com.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Your Pro-shop or you can get online (Bowlingball.com, Buddies etc.)

100%. Just put some on a towel and wipe off your ball: easy and inexpensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast