Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ball cleaner

Bowler
    Chats: 0

I've always been a fan of the the 50/50 simple green and isopropyl alcohol mix. Although be aware that while each are USBC certified for use individually, the mix is not.

I then hit really stubborn belt marks and refresh the ball every few games on my spinner with Neo Tac Renew It. Love that stuff!

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    100%. Just put some on a towel and wipe off your ball: easy and inexpensive.
    RobLV1, I think the question was more on the type of Isopropyl alcohol (Such as 70%, 91%, 99%).

As for the question I either use straight 91%, the 50/50 blend with Green Clean, or after a long block I may use Clean 'n Dull.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Chats: 256

50/50 blend of Simple Green and Iso Alcohol here. Works great for me. So much cheaper than pro shop cleaners. Can get a gallon of Simple Green for less than $10. Mix a 32 oz spray bottle with simple green and alcohol and that will last you quite awhile. Rinse and repeat.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 221

I use Tac-Up cleaner and am trying some Vise ball cleaner wipes I purchased at a trade show a couple weeks ago
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I've been using the Simple Green and Alcohol mixture for a couple of years now after reading vdubtx recommending it. Works as well as the more expensive cleaners, in my opinion and at a far cheaper cost.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

The Simple Green/Alcohol mix (a 50/50 mix), I apply is with a sponge, then use a clean dry cotton half towel to remove the oil and rubber marks. Very soft sponge. I have my own ball spinner and it works great getting the oil/marks out. Good discount getting it from Sam's/Costco on both items!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12