Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contest August 3, 2015 to August 9, 2015 - Storm Sky Rocket

Chats: 0

I would give it to my son . Promised him one when he hit his first 300. 275 is the closest he has come but he'll get there.

I am looking into getting this ball for the upcoming season. I hear its supposed to be a good ball to have. Cant wait to try this ball

This is an awesome looking ball! It will look gorgeous going down the lane.

Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

My one daughter wants a new ball now to the point she doesn't want to use the old one. I'll buy her one if I can't win one. I don't want her to lose interest. She's a natural athlete and could easily do well at this sport if she sticks with it. It's hard to compete with video games and the Internet

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    My one daughter wants a new ball now to the point she doesn't want to use the old one. I'll buy her one if I can't win one. I don't want her to lose interest. She's a natural athlete and could easily do well at this sport if she sticks with it. It's hard to compete with video games and the Internet
    I just wish I could get my daughters to pick balls out for what they do instead of what they think is pretty
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I just wish I could get my daughters to pick balls out for what they do instead of what they think is pretty
    I go for a combination of the two. There are so many choices available that can do what you want them to depending on how they are drilled and what the specs are before drilling. Then just pick the one with a not completely ugly color scheme.

I suppose though I'm not very picky about it. Pretty much any colors other than pink and neon colors are okay with me.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by John Anderson View Post
    I go for a combination of the two. There are so many choices available that can do what you want them to depending on how they are drilled and what the specs are before drilling. Then just pick the one with a not completely ugly color scheme.

I suppose though I'm not very picky about it. Pretty much any colors other than pink and neon colors are okay with me.
    The biggest problem I have with my eldest daughter. She has a high ball speed and doesn't generate a lot of revs. She only wants to purchase pearl equipment which is not the best mix for her but if it's not shiny she's not interested. I've even tried to get her interested in some of the more matte finishes and just doesn't do it for her.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    The biggest problem I have with my eldest daughter. She has a high ball speed and doesn't generate a lot of revs. She only wants to purchase pearl equipment which is not the best mix for her but if it's not shiny she's not interested. I've even tried to get her interested in some of the more matte finishes and just doesn't do it for her.
    What about a polished solid then? Or are most of those too ugly for her as well since most are single colors?

If I don't win the Rocket, I will have to radio in: "Houston, we have a problem!"
    DV8 Red/Orange Misfit, Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Pyramid Blood Moon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast