Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well.....How'd everyone's summer go?

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Having golf, vacations, house stuff mixed in with bowling has been killer(in a negative way) to my game. I have dropped 20 pins average since end of the Fall/Spring season and since bowling so well in El Paso at the USBC Open Championships. My mind is just not in it this summer, and certainly drives me to not bowl summers any more. My mind and heart are just not in it at this time of the year.

Fall will be starting up soon, so will be able to start focusing more on my bowling game.
    I'm with you.

I don't golf anymore nor can I afford to take a vacation.....but my mind just isn't in it.

I don't want to make excuses for averaging in the 170s this summer.....but I was surprised how little I cared to fix things; I just wasn't into it with other things I had going on. It's the first full summer league I ever bowled.....the last one was a short summer league (July-August) several years ago.

I've been doing better than past 3-4 weeks, but my "better" is still 550s/570s.
    Last edited by jab5325; 08-11-2015 at 11:23 AM.

I spent a ton of time this summer on remodeling, kitchen, laundry and 2 bathrooms so didn't bowl too much but compared to other summers where I didn't bowl a single game it was a success. I won a ball and went with a 14lb so ended up with 3 new balls heading into the season. As fall leagues approach (start Aug 26) I have decided to invest in some coaching sessions with a Gold level coach and I'm sure his observations and suggestions will result in a much higher average this season. I already had one session where he uncovered one serious flaw and made several small revisions in my approach that will certainly help my consistency.

First league this summer. Averaged around 160. Got better as season went along. Bowled 4-5 times a week with summer pass from AMF. We'll see about the fall

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Having golf, vacations, house stuff mixed in with bowling has been killer(in a negative way) to my game. I have dropped 20 pins average since end of the Fall/Spring season and since bowling so well in El Paso at the USBC Open Championships. My mind is just not in it this summer, and certainly drives me to not bowl summers any more. My mind and heart are just not in it at this time of the year.

Fall will be starting up soon, so will be able to start focusing more on my bowling game.
    Ya, but you'll pick up your form and game in no time.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

I'm very happy to be bowling again. Bowling 3 leagues a week with my oldest daughter.
    Started the summer rather well, shot 600+ the first night
    then went into a bit of a funk as I was fighting my timing and not producing the leverage I needed for a consistent reaction
    got some great coaching and have been building back the swing I had 15 years ago.

One of the biggest struggles for me was forgetting everything I learned about reading lanes in the 90's and learning how things are done now.

The last 3 weeks my lowest series has been a 560

Looking forward to bowing a scratch league this fall and some ABT events.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    I'm very happy to be bowling again. Bowling 3 leagues a week with my oldest daughter.
    Started the summer rather well, shot 600+ the first night
    then went into a bit of a funk as I was fighting my timing and not producing the leverage I needed for a consistent reaction
    got some great coaching and have been building back the swing I had 15 years ago.

One of the biggest struggles for me was forgetting everything I learned about reading lanes in the 90's and learning how things are done now.

The last 3 weeks my lowest series has been a 560

Looking forward to bowing a scratch league this fall and some ABT events.
    LyalC52 I just noticed you have the Seismic Photon would you mind letting me know what you think of it? I just got my wife (bug Seismic fan) the Photon Torpedo and thought about ordering her one of those as a step down.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    LyalC52 I just noticed you have the Seismic Photon would you mind letting me know what you think of it? I just got my wife (bug Seismic fan) the Photon Torpedo and thought about ordering her one of those as a step down.
    I really like it.
    I ordered it with a long pin distance and my PSO went off the Seismic drill guide for length.

For me the ball gets far down the lane before it starts to read and then has a nice turn to the pocket. One of the houses I bowl at has a TSH that favors the outside shot. I've been starting the night 12 to 4 board, then moving right as the night goes on. Ball hits just as hard at the end of the 3rd game as it did in the first.

It doesn't take a lot of oil or get gummy on the surface like my HyRoad does.

it doesn't do well on slick lanes at all. One of the houses I bowl at has newer, as hard as they get, Brunswick lanes and I really struggle to get the ball to carry.

I was temped to get a Torpedo or Equalizer when I purchased my Chemical X. Being that I'm just getting back into bowling I though I would try a few different manufactures before setting on one or two.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Summer went pretty well! Averaged 200 even in my league, which has been my goal for awhile now. Hoping the positive vibes translate over into the fall. As always, still working on tweaking the timing, release, and other parts of the game through the summer.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Bowling wise, my summer was pretty much same as it has been for 21 of the last 24 years.

I didn't shoot a game under 200. However that's mainly because I didn't shoot a game at all.

My leagues start up on the 11th, and 24th of September, so sometime in late August I'll wander over and practice a few games.

I'm going to try to get back up to 15 lbs this year.

Maybe my carry % will increase as long as my injury rate doesn't.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Bowling wise, my summer was pretty much same as it has been for 21 of the last 24 years.

I didn't shoot a game under 200. However that's mainly because I didn't shoot a game at all.

My leagues start up on the 11th, and 24th of September, so sometime in late August I'll wander over and practice a few games.

I'm going to try to get back up to 15 lbs this year.

Maybe my carry % will increase as long as my injury rate doesn't.
    What weight do you throw? I didn't realize you had injury issues--I must've missed that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast