Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well.....How'd everyone's summer go?

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Well.....How'd everyone's summer go?

Mine went pretty ugly. I didn't hit the average mark I was looking for at all. In fact, I came in much lower than winter.

First ball average was just 8.58 with 37% strikes, down from 8.9 with 44% strikes. But, my single-pin percentage increased since getting my spare ball, and my multi-pin is also increasing.

Next week is championship week, and my team is solidly in second place. We'll have to pick up 2 out of 3 games plus total to win, though. The team we're up against is quite good.

Chats: 221

With everything that went on this summer, eye surgery,angiogram,redoing the garage/shop I was only able to get out 3 times. Worked hard on timing and release during those sessions. Thing went well during those session so I am looking forward to league starting Friday
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 32

In a lot of ways this summer has been a big disappointment for me. I started off in slump that was a hold over from the end of the fall season then had major issues with the thumb hole in all of my equipment. The first month of the season was a complete train wreck is the best I can say for it. I bowl two leagues during the summer and I think at the end of the first month I had a 149 average in one and 156 in the other. This is after averaging in the high 180's low 190's last fall. The house that I did most of my bowling at closed at the end of the fall season so I had the transition to wood lanes that honestly I don't care for how they take care of and run their leagues by allowing pre-bowling on the lanes before league and only re-oiling the heads a lot of time.

The good news is I did finally fix the thumb issues and I have both averages in the high 170' almost 180. My team with my two daughters in solidly in first place and my team with my wife and I is in third after being in the bottom for most of the season. SO if I can take a First and a Third out of it I guess I should count it as a success.

My biggest problem is I don't feel like I ever truly figured out how to carry on these lanes even after purchasing two new balls that I though might help. A couple of strikes and a lot of 9/ is the best I seem to do there. I think between both leagues I have 4 600 series this season and that sucks. I've just figured out how to consistently throw 550-580 there.

I did have a great time bowling with both of my daughters even if they do drive me nuts sometimes. A little scholarship money for them will be nice too. None of these were big money leagues and I really miss my more competitive leagues I bowled in during the fall. I usually have at least one competitive league during the summer and I didn't have that this year. I think we have one week left in both leagues and then it's on to fall.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    In a lot of ways this summer has been a big disappointment for me. I started off in slump that was a hold over from the end of the fall season then had major issues with the thumb hole in all of my equipment. The first month of the season was a complete train wreck is the best I can say for it. I bowl two leagues during the summer and I think at the end of the first month I had a 149 average in one and 156 in the other. This is after averaging in the high 180's low 190's last fall. The house that I did most of my bowling at closed at the end of the fall season so I had the transition to wood lanes that honestly I don't care for how they take care of and run their leagues by allowing pre-bowling on the lanes before league and only re-oiling the heads a lot of time.

The good news is I did finally fix the thumb issues and I have both averages in the high 170' almost 180. My team with my two daughters in solidly in first place and my team with my wife and I is in third after being in the bottom for most of the season. SO if I can take a First and a Third out of it I guess I should count it as a success.

My biggest problem is I don't feel like I ever truly figured out how to carry on these lanes even after purchasing two new balls that I though might help. A couple of strikes and a lot of 9/ is the best I seem to do there. I think between both leagues I have 4 600 series this season and that sucks. I've just figured out how to consistently throw 550-580 there.

I did have a great time bowling with both of my daughters even if they do drive me nuts sometimes. A little scholarship money for them will be nice too. None of these were big money leagues and I really miss my more competitive leagues I bowled in during the fall. I usually have at least one competitive league during the summer and I didn't have that this year. I think we have one week left in both leagues and then it's on to fall.
    Sounds like our summers were very similar!

My first ultra-competitive, bigger money league is this fall. I was feeling confident after I was asked to bowl in it and averaging 190+ toward the end of last season. But, this summer made me have doubts. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be bowling two nights a week, Wednesdays and Thursdays, for the first time in a while. After next week, I'm going to leave my stuff there to be de-oiled and re-gripped. I'll have about 3-4 weeks off from leagues, so I'll hopefully be able to get in some good practice time.

Great! I bowled 2 whole games this summer. A 219 and a 232. That's it. No more. I did take my daughter a bunch of times, thanks to the Bowl-For-Free program. I think I enjoy watching her bowl more than I enjoy bowling.

Well.........maybe not. Cannot wait for Fall League to start.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Cranker

good - been practicing once every couple of weeks and killing it... let's hope that translates to the regular season.

Despite the fact that I only go bowling once a week right now, I've been doing OK with my new ball. I've been changing lines like nuts just to try and adapt to the lanes every week (if I went everyday, I'd have a different line for everyday of the week). Right now, I'm trying to stall my break and get my ball to hook further down the lane for bigger impact. It's a challenge, but I'm already starting to see it happen!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Waaaaaaaaaaay too fast.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaay too fast.
    I second that thought.

I worked too much, but my bank account doesn't mind. Ah well, college resumes in about two weeks for me, which is both exciting and unfortunate at the same time.

Chats: 256

Having golf, vacations, house stuff mixed in with bowling has been killer(in a negative way) to my game. I have dropped 20 pins average since end of the Fall/Spring season and since bowling so well in El Paso at the USBC Open Championships. My mind is just not in it this summer, and certainly drives me to not bowl summers any more. My mind and heart are just not in it at this time of the year.

Fall will be starting up soon, so will be able to start focusing more on my bowling game.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast