Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Fall Bowling Goals

Chats: 0

300 would be nice again but the biggest goal is the 800 series.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    300 would be nice again but the biggest goal is the 800 series.
    Yeah 800 by itself is a big night.

When you shoot 300, people ask you how many 300's have you shot now, like 1 isn't good enough.
    Last edited by Mike White; 08-28-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Looking for 900 series

Cranker

To finally be as dedicated as Aslan.

1) This will be my 3rd year in Wed. league. First year could not find a good shot and averaged 186. Last year, got a new, heavy-oil ball and averaged 196. This year got a new ball for the dryer conditions in game 2-3, hope to average at least 206.
    2) Bowl more 300 game(s).
    3) Never had 800, would like to get that, if not this year, then soon, before I get too old.
    4) Make a big improvement on ten pins.
    5) Actually practice during the season, which I haven't done for years and years.
    6) Bowling new league on Thursdays, first goal is to find a full team.

Chats: 204

Goals for 2015:

1) Always throw a clean game and/or a 550+ series.
    2) Finish Fall/Winter in the top 20% of BOTH leagues in average.
    3) Increase my strike % from 37% to 55% or higher.
    4) Increase single-pin spare shooting % from 76% to 83% or higher.
    5) Bowl a 266 (or higher) sanctioned game.

Given the differences I've found from center to center...I figured I'd change my average target to the top 20% of the league.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling the scores I have when I practice now my league scores. Seems when ever I have to bowl to beat another team I choke
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    Bowling the scores I have when I practice now my league scores. Seems when ever I have to bowl to beat another team I choke
    I think I'm rare in that I'm the opposite. If there's nothing on the line and nobody watching...I get too inside my own head and don't make good shots. But when I know all eyes are on me and I'm competing...my inside voice tends to step aside and lets me just focus on performing.

That being said...the one thing I have to learn to deal with better (mental side of the game) is in how I respond to bad shots or when I can't carry the team to victory. I was anchor last year for the first time and probably will be on my Monday night team this year...and while normally that HELPS me perform....when I do fail...afterwards that is very hard on me. The fact that you let other people down (in addition to yourself) adds a degree of frustration that I haven't quite learned how to deal with.

I should be used to it after being a hockey defensemen for so many years....but I guess in hockey I could shrug it off that "well, I suck at hockey...so, **** happens." With bowling...I know that I CAN perform at a high level...so when I don't...that hurts more.

Maybe next season's goals will require a sports pshychologist.
    Last edited by Aslan; 09-18-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Aslan you may have hit on it for I also play the anchor for the team. Lost a game by 2 pins last week. All I could think was leaving that 1 pin on my spare shot in the 10th cost us it all.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 32

You nailed it Aslan I feel the same way when I lose a close one. I'll second the fact you need a psychologist but it really doesn't have anything to do with sports
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast