Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoe life?

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    The only real benefits to the SST line is the interchangeable soles. I bowl in a lot of centers and approaches do vary quite a bit. I bowl in about 10-15 centers a year some with wood approaches some synthetic without the changeable soles I'd break my neck. If your only bowling in one or two centers and your fine on the approaches I wouldn't worry about it. I do think maybe the leather uppers on the SST lines do hold up better than the more tennis shoe type uppers on some of the others.
    At just over three times the price for the nicer shoes, I'd certainly hope they hold up better. You are right that I only bowl in three different houses. Two use the same AMF lanes and the third uses Brunswick Anvil lanes. The approaches at all three houses are about the same.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I had SST5s and was lucky to get a full year out of them. That was at least three full time leagues year round. Bought the Tanks when they came out. After two full years they are just starting to wear the toe. Yes, I tend to drag the toe on my balance leg. A lot will depend of it and how much you drag that toe.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I had SST5s and was lucky to get a full year out of them. That was at least three full time leagues year round. Bought the Tanks when they came out. After two full years they are just starting to wear the toe. Yes, I tend to drag the toe on my balance leg. A lot will depend of it and how much you drag that toe.
    I've had my SST6's for about 1 year now. They are in fine shape but the right sole has a Major bevel from dragging my toe so much. It doesn't effect me yet so I'm gonna keep running them, but with the way I drag I will buy 8's or 9's when I replace them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12