Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Expierence

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    From my eye, I think your wife is the one who lucked out.
    When I bowl with my wife and/or daughter, I want it to be in a fairly balanced mixed league so they feel comfortable.

BTW, my game is much like yours. Take the strikes when they come, and focus on picking up spares.
    The other night I was giving one of the two handers a hard time about writing love letters on the score board.
    He either had a strike or a split in nearly every frame the entire night
    Under normal circumstances you would probably be correct but my wife's a little different. She's an electrician for Toyota and is used to being in male dominated locals. She also throws a better ball than I do 16-17 mph and 350 rev rate or so. She figures out how to move her feet and finishes figuring out her new spare ball (making progress) she's going to be kicking my a$$ on a regular basis. seems to be beating me about 1 out of every 4 games over the last few weeks anyway.

To the point of moving on you guys are correct and I have. Posted more so hopefully others in a similar situation may think about what and how they say things if they find themselves in similar situations. I figure we will have a great time at the other house.
    Last edited by Amyers; 08-14-2015 at 02:25 PM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

1) The simple solution to this problem that, if it were me, I'd suggest to the center is that they make the league capped at a certain number like 775.

Caps force some of this higher level, close knit leagues to bring in non-elite bowlers so they can stay under the cap.

2) If a guy ever tells me I'm not good enough to bowl in a handicap league...no matter who is in the league...I'd probably laugh so hard I'd pull a muscle. My response: "If you guys were THAT good, you'd be in a sport shot scratch league...not a 90% of 230 league." Whoever told you that is a joke. IMO.

I've NEVER had a problem getting in a league.

I admit, I am in a great situation because there are so many centers around me that centers and leagues have to compete with each other for business and can't afford to act that way. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I wanted to join a travel league and was told it was full...for like the last 2-3 seasons. I guarantee if I averaged 225 they'd have found me a spot. And there are a lot of Asian leagues...and it's just part of that culture that they don't really like bowling with other cultures so a lot of those leagues are full/closed to new members...but again, if I were Asian...I'm sure I'd have been approached to bowl with them.

And no, I'm not Asian. That's an "L"....

But this kinda happened with the sport shot league I was in. It wasn't that they didn't want me...they are struggling to keep it going and wanted as many people as they can get...it was just that it's a scratch league. I averaged 149 both times (sport conditions) in that league and if I didn't show up...the empty spot got like 160. So nobody wants someone on their team that is constantly killing their chances to win. So each season I'd get paired with other low average bowlers...except MWhite when he joined...and usually our team would be near the bottom. The two teams at the top, all 195+ average bowlers (on sport conditions)...surprise surprise...seemed to always be the top two teams.

The outlook I have...is that someday....someday I'm going to be better than those guys. At some point, they'll notice me and instead of me scrambling to find a doubles partner or a team for the USBC Open...bowlers will come find me. Until then, my only option is to keep getting better. And sometimes a chip on one's shoulder is just what ya need.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Sorry to hear of your high end league situation, usually leagues around here are fairly accepting of everyone that wants to bowl, we have a wide variety of people and levels of bowling from 140 average to 245 average. It's too bad that group is so closed minded to not want to accept more members, you would be welcome to bowl in my league but it's not a mixed league and there have never been any woman in it.
    You might have hit on the reason, if it's all guys they might not want to add woman to the mix?
    Many of the mixed leagues around here are the beer and pizza leagues, they are marketed toward more casual bowlers and it's a better deal for the money. They run 3 13 week seasons or something like that. I have only subbed but would not hesitate to join.

Have fun with the league you're with and don't worry about those guys.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12