Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: are you one of these types?

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

What I learned early in my on and off again career is that I THREW that Round Object. The pins don't change position. The oil stays pretty much the same from when I started. I am the variable.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Isn't the point of a team to work together and pick each other up? Like most people I do get upset with myself but I suck and will no matter how much I practice. All my teammates know what bowling with me entails and they are still good with it.
    Besides I would rather focus on improving my coaching skills than my own game. That being said I do practice around 50 games a week during the summer season.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    I kind of want to hear about that strange woman now.
    The strange woman looks a bit like a troll only larger than you expect for a troll, she will wander up and down the lanes all night hardly ever sitting still. She is constantly talking and often appears to be arguing or stopping and looking back as if someone should be catching up with her, but she is alone. Only once in a while sitting at the table with the angry guy and one of his teammates who brings her with him....girlfriend, spouse, detainee, not sure what the relationship is...we just try not to look directly at her but she walks around so much she just about walks into you at some point while you are trying to navigate to the lanes.

She is not to be confused with sweatsuit girl....and even scarier and smellier one....

Cranker

bowling is a game of repetition - if you get so worked up that it throws off your pace, well, you'll only make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    bowling is a game of repetition - if you get so worked up that it throws off your pace, well, you'll only make it worse.
    So very true! We used to bowl against a team where one of the guys would get so worked up his game would fall apart. The thing that got him there was one of our guys was not always ready to go bowl on his turn.....

I definitely get upset at myself and call myself names... but I try to keep it a secret that I'm getting flustered and calm myself down. Part of the reason I get so upset when I miss a spare is because I practice so much and expect more from myself. As for teammates....I don't even care.. I Just give the "don't worry man, you'll get it next time" or something to that effect if I say anything. I'm too focused on what I need to do in terms of adjustments and keeping my emotions in check to worry about other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The strange woman looks a bit like a troll only larger than you expect for a troll, she will wander up and down the lanes all night hardly ever sitting still. She is constantly talking and often appears to be arguing or stopping and looking back as if someone should be catching up with her, but she is alone. Only once in a while sitting at the table with the angry guy and one of his teammates who brings her with him....girlfriend, spouse, detainee, not sure what the relationship is...we just try not to look directly at her but she walks around so much she just about walks into you at some point while you are trying to navigate to the lanes.

She is not to be confused with sweatsuit girl....and even scarier and smellier one....
    THis made my monday ghahahha

I stop getting angry when I mess up. Even when it looks like a strike ball - looking good, in line with my targets, ball motion looks perfect, and I leave a corner or solid 9 or 8...I just smile. If it was 100% a perfect everything, then all ten would go down. But since I left a pin, it wasn't perfect after all. Something went wrong at the approach or going down the lane.

I remember having the front 10 and when I was up for the 11th ball, my storm natural came off my hand so clean it released an energy from my body through my arm and hand. I just felt i threw the best ball of that game!!! then the ball hit the pocket and left an 8 10 split. I was shocked!!! but, I smiled because I remember WRW leaving that same split and Patrick Allen won sitting down hahahaha.....

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

I've really been working on staying calm and collected while I bowl this summer, and have been encouraging my teammates to do the same.

It's made a big difference for me and most of my teammates. Not only have our averages gone up, bowling has become far more enjoyable.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

From what I hear of Captain Tantrum, wouldn't you take to wandering aimlessly and talking to yourself, if you had to live with him?
    DV8 Red/Orange Misfit, Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Pyramid Blood Moon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast