Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are you one of these types?

Default are you one of these types?

Do you get upset after a missed spare, a bad game, or a bad set? Do you kick and scream or get really hard on yourself? Do you get upset at teammates who misses a spare? If you're that type that kicks and screams and throw things down after YOU messed up AND DON"T PRACTICE, only bowling 3 games a week.....please sit down and shut up! I'm not on here to cause friction among you fine folks, but it's annoying when people get REALLY upset over things they could of prevented if they only PRACTICED.

If you had chances in your childhood to learn to swim and never took that chance for lessons cause you didn't want to, and then you jumped into deep water and drowned.....who's at fault?

If you can't find time at all to practice even for 30 mins. it's still not an excuse. you decided to join leagues. you decided to wear the seat belt in your car or not. With no practice, there's bigger chances you will miss a single pin often, or any spare leaves. with no seat belt used, there's bigger chances you'll have more serious injuries in an accident vs. wearing your seat belt.

Don't waste your energy getting so upset at a missed 10 pin, or not being in time, or not striking when you needed to if you don't practice at all.

I don't call 10 mins of practice before leagues practice. It's part of warming up. Plus, I don't see bowlers trying to hit the ten pin at all during warm ups. They wait till they leave a ten pin when the lights come on.

Rant off.....

I don't ever get visibly upset over such things, but I do feel a little sad inside sometimes when I make a bad shot. I'm definitely not somebody you are referring to, but I understand the frustration. I've bowled with people like that before. The funny part is, one guy averaged about 140 and would always get mad when he missed, but he used a conventional grip on a polyester ball and was trying to throw the same way that everybody else does with a fingertip grip. Needless to say, he was just an angry person most of the time.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

practice suck, join more leagues
    problem solved

just kidding
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    practice suck, join more leagues
    problem solved

just kidding
    I tried that theory.

At one point I bowled 5 days a week, in 6 leagues.

That was back when winning a league meant you made more money than you spent.

Now to high of a % goes to lineage.

I don't curse or get mad at my teammates, but sometimes when i miss a spare I drop violently to the floor, and do a push up from there, people think its about a push up, but no its about a violent drop to the floor lol. I do bowl almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by NYMIKE View Post
    I don't curse or get mad at my teammates, but sometimes when i miss a spare I drop violently to the floor, and do a push up from there, people think its about a push up, but no its about a violent drop to the floor lol. I do bowl almost daily.
    My teammate left a 4 10 split and I made a bet with the fellas that I'd do 30 push ups if he picks it up. Granted, he is a 165-170 bowler and a lefty, so I was confident I wasn't going down. I never bet against him again......lol

There is a guy in every league like that, it seems! We have a guy that gets pissed, curses loudly, kicks the ball returns and throws balls whenever he gets a pocket hit that doesn't carry or misses any spare .....no one really like bowling against his team because of it...well that and the really strange woman that comes down with one of his teammates, but that's another story.

Chats: 256

Heck no, not me. I get ticked off at myself and call myself dumb a** sometimes.

I laugh at the idiots that get so ticked off at their own mistakes.

Really shows your maturity level that you have to take out frustrations on an inanimate object.

We have kickers, screamers, bitchers, and throwers too. As was said, comes with every league and seems with every skill level too. Seen some great bowlers kicking returns.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 08-15-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I kind of want to hear about that strange woman now.

Chats: 32

I've been know to call myself some names and curse under my breath but I don't kick the equipment or scream curses out or anything. I would never react poorly to what a team mate does. I know how I feel after something like that wouldn't want to add to it for anyone.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast