Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Many Leagues Starting THIS WEEK..... How many, and

Chats: 0

only one league (limited availability )

Tuesday night Trio mixed with my son and daughter in law 12.00 a week 16 weeks

It's a fun league.We have not felt qualified to be in the money leagues our combined handicap is 200 but after Monday night we are joining one next year. I notice one of the teams was elderly women and the 4 of them had a combined handicap of 500! so I don't feel all that bad anymore. Besides I'm there to have fun anyway.

Chats: 204

My Monday league in Anaheim is short one player if anyone is interested.

Mondays, 6:15PM, Sweeps in Vegas in March.

Anaheim is a bit of a drive, I'm in St George Utah, thanks for the offer. My one league started 9/3, mixed 4s, 3 games, $10 a week. I am back to bowling after a 20+ year absence. After 3 weeks I'm up to a 180 average, using a Blue Hammer. Bought a DV8 Ruckus Schizo, arrives next week, should be fun.

Chats: 204

Yeah...that would be a drive.

After 2 weeks...
    Monday fun league I'm averaging about 173-174...and thanks to a ton of handicap from our one female bowler...we're 8-0 and last I checked tied for 1st. Not a big league...not too serious...more for fun and to get used to the conditions in that house which is where I'm likely to bowl exclusively starting next season. This is my first league in that center.

Wednesday (more serious) League: I'm averaging like 197 after two games...we're 4-4...but we played two good teams out of the gate. This team is where I got drafted to try and create a "super team"...but other teams did the same thing so there's 3-9 teams that are pretty stacked while narrowly staying under the 950 cap.

But the conditions are similar...yet different. The Wednesday shot is easier...1-2 boards miss to the left and the heavy oil in the middle will hold. The right has a lot of dry...so as long as you don't miss more than 3 boards you'll probably still hit the pocket well. On Mondays...ughhh...not as much miss room in the middle. The pattern seems a little shorter...so a miss in the middle holds but then jerks through the head at the end of the pattern. And 2 or more boards missing right and you might not it back...or will at best hit light.

The Wednesday league went from a non-serious 18-team vegas league to a 30-team more serious league due to the closure of a popular center recently. So now I'm back to having one smaller league and one huge league.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 184; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by DRomano View Post
    Anaheim is a bit of a drive, I'm in St George Utah, thanks for the offer. My one league started 9/3, mixed 4s, 3 games, $10 a week. I am back to bowling after a 20+ year absence. After 3 weeks I'm up to a 180 average, using a Blue Hammer. Bought a DV8 Ruckus Schizo, arrives next week, should be fun.
    Going from a Blue Hammer to the Schinzo? I'm not sure that fun is the right word. Good Luck.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Going from a Blue Hammer to the Schinzo? I'm not sure that fun is the right word. Good Luck.
    The house here has med/dry lanes, from what I've observed the Ruckus Schizo should be good for hitting hard and driving through the deck. I'm asking the PSO to drill it for a big curve, I'm a stroker, 15 mph at the fronts.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by DRomano View Post
    The house here has med/dry lanes, from what I've observed the Ruckus Schizo should be good for hitting hard and driving through the deck. I'm asking the PSO to drill it for a big curve, I'm a stroker, 15 mph at the fronts.
    If you've got much hand that ball has plenty of hook. It likes to get deep and roar back. I wouldn't really suggest a high end asymmetrical ball for your first reactive ball but sounds like you have the right attitude with it. Just don't be surprised if you find you need to buy something a little tamer pretty quickly.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I was 4 weeks late getting into a league but surprising enough they had 2 openings and I snared one. Just a fun league and it's been 3 years since I have bowled last. My Storm Eraser Boost was very hard to control for the first 2 games. I had to tighten the hook by releasing later and adding more power and moving as far left as possible. I'll get it back soon.

Just bought a used Ebonite Pivot Point bowling ball on Ebay for $38.97. Delivered today and I was amazed at the almost new condition of the ball. It has " Folds of Honor" stamped on it ( a foundation that provides educational scholarships to the families of our military servicemen and servicewomen who have been disabled or killed on active duty). I can't wait to get it drilled and start using it. I understand the ball has a continuous curve to it so I have to research drilling specs.
    Pivot Point is designed for lanes that are cleaner. This ball is cleaner, is strong in the mid lane, and has the strength and power to continue through the pin deck. We will see...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345