Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you see...???

Chats: 204

Post Did you see...???

Did anyone with Xtra Frame watch the Lincoln PWBA stepladder finals?

I watched the archived stepladder finals and Kelly Kulick's thumb insert (VISE I think) came out of her spare ball when she threw it at a 10-pin in the 6th frame. She had 5 strikes in a row going into the 6th when she left a pocket 10-pin. On her spare shot the ball went in the right gutter and the insert went in the left gutter.

Not sure what happened next because I couldn't quite hear the audio where I was watching it (loud background) but at first I thought she was forced to use a different ball...but then realized it was her spare ball where the insert came out...not her strike ball. She came in very light on the next shot...I think she left the left side bucket...so at first I thought it was because they made her switch balls. But then a guy brought over her spare ball...probably repaired...and I think she was able to use it for the remainder of the match.

But after that...she was never the same. She ended up losing the match (after starting out with a 5-bagger) despite looking nearly unstoppable until that moment.

Maybe I should convert from a Diana Z fan to a K2 fan. I mean, Diana Z is just too young and too hot and too far "out of my league". But, K2...she's almost the same age as me...and she works in her dad's auto body shop for crying out loud....which is a huge plus having someone in the family that can repair a car. That saves ya a ton of money. Plus, I think she's the only pro bowler to pose semi-nude...didn't really show anything...but hey, props for having the nerve to do that!! I'll have to think on it. I was thinking Liz Johnson was the only woman in the PWBA close enough to my age to realistically be dateable...but I think someone here claimed she was a lesbian....which is cool by me...but further hampers my chances.

Oh well...I'll have to work out the dating strategy...I just thought I'd post about the insert coming out because honestly that's the first time I've ever seen an insert come out and it just so happened to be during a PWBA event which was kinda interesting...especially how it kinda messed up Kelly's rhythm.

Anyone else ever have an insert come out while bowling? Did it mess with you on subsequent shots?
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowler
    Chats: 0

A teammate of mine had a fingertip insert come out after throwing a ball. Never found the insert.....

Chats: 55

It's funny you post this at this time....

Last Friday morning, my IT thumb insert came out of the ball on my first throw. It went all the way down the lane and into the left gutter and stopped about 8 feet in front of the sweep. It does do a number on your thumb, so I can see where it may have hampered her game. There may have been some damage and maybe she just didn't feel comfortable it wouldn't happen again. Mine was not damaged so I can only believe that somehow it came unlocked or something, because I inserted it again and kept on bowling. But like I said, it did not feel good on my thumb and luckily we were in our third game.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

Oh well...I'll have to work out the dating strategy...I just thought I'd post about the insert coming out because honestly that's the first time I've ever seen an insert come out and it just so happened to be during a PWBA event which was kinda interesting...especially how it kinda messed up Kelly's rhythm.

Anyone else ever have an insert come out while bowling? Did it mess with you on subsequent shots?
    Just a thought, if you've somehow restricted the dating pool to Pro women's tour bowlers, "you might need a new strategy" is the understatement of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Just a thought, if you've somehow restricted the dating pool to Pro women's tour bowlers, "you might need a new strategy" is the understatement of the year.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Ok, good luck with that ! Maybe Ice can give you some strategic advice , I'm sure if you were to ask him, the women love him ! Maybe he would offer to introduce you to some of the women that are too young for him.....

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Knock on wood I haven't had any issues with any removable thumb grips (switch grip or IT). That being said I could definitely see how that would screw with your mindset after it occurred.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Banned
    Chats: 68

I just caught the video of KK's Interchangeable Thumb come out.

When they gave the thumb piece back to KK, it had connected to it the part that is supposed to be glued into the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Hey, my dating pool is "any reasonably attractive, nice female in my general age range that I can work up the nerve to ask out."

>_> It's very restrictive. I may as well make it Pro women's tour bowlers!

Quote Originally Posted by jlwonderley View Post
    Hey, my dating pool is "any reasonably attractive, nice female in my general age range that I can work up the nerve to ask out."

>_> It's very restrictive. I may as well make it Pro women's tour bowlers!
    I feel ya man. Thats a tough range for anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast