Thread: A Bipolar Night For Sure

Chats: 32

Default A Bipolar Night For Sure

Yesterday was the final night for our summer youth adult league. I was there early as the wife got a new ball that needed to be drilled (Seismic Photon Torpedo) and I was going to have one of her balls she didn't care for redrilled for me (trying out a 14 lbs. as a test). I took off work early so I could get there early but the proshop was slammed and I was told that he wouldn't be able to drill them until tomorrow

Summer Jasmin a local WPBA bowler was there (cashed in the last 4 tournaments) My PSO drills all her equipment for her, she came over and talked to my wife, daughters, and I for almost an hour. Mostly about bowling and her experiences on the tour. She was extremely nice and even offered to work with my wife on her game today when she comes back into pick up her balls. She is sponsored by Brunswick and was getting the Mastermind Einstein drilled up. One of the Brunswick ball reps was there with her and I got to watch him throw one for a while ball looks great if you want something that reads some in the mid lane but still has plenty on the back end this might be the ball for you.

Our team one first place we pretty much went wire to wire in this league. My youngest daughter won awards for high scratch game, scratch series, and high average for her division (she won the handicap ones also but you could only get the award for one or the other).

Each division bowled a individual playoff 2 game qualifier then step ladder for the top four bowlers from each group. For some reason the set I was on didn't get freshly oiled the other lanes did but mine and one other set did not. Right from the beginning the right lane was a mess. I think a mixture of carry down and burnt areas was just giving a wildly inconsistent read on the lane the left lane I had a great look on.

Game 1- 224 Managed to luck into a few strikes on the right left makeable spares when I didn't and was all strikes on the left side.

Game 2- 193 No strikes on the right but still mostly makeable stuff on the right. Struck every time on the left except a 10 pin which I converted.

Qualified #1 for the step ladder.

Round 1 - Won 162-120 The right lane was completely gone at this point deeper shots hit the carry down and just went wild farther right couldn't hold the pocket. The left lane was starting to go was farther left than I can strike regularly on and ended up with a ton of 7 and ten pins but at least I won the match

Final Round Lost 167-150 Worst game I've thrown in months. Just couldn't get a consistent reaction to the point I wasn't in the pocket and leaving weird stuff on the right side and only 1 strike on the left this game. Pissed me off to lose like that.

My youngest daughter just didn't have it struggled to bowl consistently that night made the first cut but lost her first round match bowling a 93

My eldest daughter actually had a good night (she struggles with bowling) and had fun which was fantastic. She qualified and won her 1st round match . In the final round she bowled a 143 (she averages 119) but lost to a 19yr old boy who threw a 247. Hard to beat that even with handicap. The league was a lot of fun getting to bowl with both of my daughters has been fun, distracting, infuriating, and memories that will last a long time for sure.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Sounds like a fun night! Too bad you lost in the final, sounds like the lanes were in tough shape, sometimes it's just a crap shoot and some luck that make the difference in the end.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Sounds like you all had a great time.

My daughter and I will be in two roll-offs for league championships next week.
    Can't wait.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

I cannot wait until my kids are old enough to bowl with me like that. My daughter (4) bowls with the bumpers and she is just thrilled by that. My dream is bowl in leagues with them.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    I cannot wait until my kids are old enough to bowl with me like that. My daughter (4) bowls with the bumpers and she is just thrilled by that. My dream is bowl in leagues with them.
    It's been a lot of fun. My youngest daughter 11 bowls competitively. She won the overall league championship last fall and has won a few tournaments. My oldest daughter has issues and struggles with it but I think she has fun with it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

YOUR a great dad! Keep it up! Your kids will remember all these things for the rest of their life's!
    You only get ONE chance to do it right, no do overs! Something EVERY dad should pay heed to!

A family that bowls together, remains tight for life!! (
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!