Thread: Theres no/LOTS OF crying in bowling!

Chats: 204

Default Theres no/LOTS OF crying in bowling!

Okay...whats with the crying after every title nowadays??

I made the comment way back in the Fall when Anthony Pepe won his first title. It was something that was mentioned when Scott Norton won his title a year or two back. Obviously, PDW, his father passing...certainly emotional. But then we had Michael Haugen cry/propose after his victory. And there was another guy (I forget who) a week later that won for the first time in awhile.

Sidenote: Bowled with Michael Haugen at a pro am in June...the guy is one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

But watching the PWBA and PBA50...it seems like almost every week...the winner kinda breaks down during the post game interview. Brian Leclair (also a guy I bowled with at a Pro Am...also a great individual) cried after winning his first title a few weeks back. A couple of the PWBA finals...same thing. Then recently, Bill Hensen started choking up after winning his first senior title.

The only thing I can think of is...this year, especially with the PBA50 and the PWBA being back...I think there are a lot more bowlers out there that haven't won on the biggest stage...and it doesn't seem to matter if you're a young kid like Amanda Greene or Anthony Pepe....or if you're a PBA50 guy like Leclair and Hensen...I think that first title is just so overwhelming...it's hard to control.

I gotta admit...I can't put myself in their place...but I have a feeling if I ever throw that first 300-game...I think even the mighty Aslan may at the very least be just a tad choked up.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Okay...whats with the crying after every title nowadays??

I made the comment way back in the Fall when Anthony Pepe won his first title. It was something that was mentioned when Scott Norton won his title a year or two back. Obviously, PDW, his father passing...certainly emotional. But then we had Michael Haugen cry/propose after his victory. And there was another guy (I forget who) a week later that won for the first time in awhile.

Sidenote: Bowled with Michael Haugen at a pro am in June...the guy is one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

But watching the PWBA and PBA50...it seems like almost every week...the winner kinda breaks down during the post game interview. Brian Leclair (also a guy I bowled with at a Pro Am...also a great individual) cried after winning his first title a few weeks back. A couple of the PWBA finals...same thing. Then recently, Bill Hensen started choking up after winning his first senior title.

The only thing I can think of is...this year, especially with the PBA50 and the PWBA being back...I think there are a lot more bowlers out there that haven't won on the biggest stage...and it doesn't seem to matter if you're a young kid like Amanda Greene or Anthony Pepe....or if you're a PBA50 guy like Leclair and Hensen...I think that first title is just so overwhelming...it's hard to control.

I gotta admit...I can't put myself in their place...but I have a feeling if I ever throw that first 300-game...I think even the mighty Aslan may at the very least be just a tad choked up.

ICEMAN will be chocked-up-2~~~~~~ You sort of have grown on me,,, like that wart on my ask!

In fact if you ever bowl a 300 sanctioned game, I would be very tempted to send you a magnificent gift!!!

TEMPTED!!

GO FOR IT,,,, GET IT DONE!!!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-20-2015 at 11:30 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

That's 'cause in recent years the PBA has encouraged bowlers to be more expressive and dramatic in front of the cameras!
    It's true 'cause I read it in the YouTube comments.

These guys need to be a little more realistic. Yes you just had a great accomplishment, but that doesn't warrant your over the top reactions.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Seriously? Try spending over twenty years to be the best for one week. If you're not emotional when you get there, then it didn't mean squat to you.
    Now some of the younger guys, I have no clue why they cry like four year olds so easily.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com