Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving in a couple days - Have you moved a few times before?

Default Moving in a couple days - Have you moved a few times before?

I'm moving on Wednesday and was just wondering if you guys here have moved a couple times before? Have you moved often? I've always lived in the same place my entire life thus far, and will now be moving about 40 miles away.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by John Anderson View Post
    I'm moving on Wednesday and was just wondering if you guys here have moved a couple times before? Have you moved often? I've always lived in the same place my entire life thus far, and will now be moving about 40 miles away.
    You're still college age?

That tends to mean your collection of "crap" will still fit inside your car

The last few times I moved, I had minimal crap.

The next move, I'm going to have to sell off a boatload of inherited crap.

BTW 40 miles is not too bad, you can make multiple trips if necessary.

When I last moved, Vegas to Riverside (240 miles) I had to make a couple trips, because I had a small car.

Fortunately only once back in the early 80's did a move require one of those big moving companies.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

I've moved a few times. Moving to college was close to 150 miles, only stayed there for a few months before dropping out of 4 year school. Moved back home at that point, then moved to an apartment about 5 miles from home. Then moved to a duplex a few years later, that was about 5 miles also. A few years later I bought my first house after finishing school and that was about a 6 or so mile move. Spent 6 years at that house before building a brand new house about 15 miles away.

With the exception of the most recent move everything was moved with personal vehicles. This past move last year was done with personal vehicles as well as a U-haul truck. We got everything moved from house to house in about 2 days.

Chats: 32

I moved from Charleston, WV to St. Louis and back again. That big a move sucks big time especially with a wife and two kids. 40 miles isn't bad.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I moved from Charleston, WV to St. Louis and back again. That big a move sucks big time especially with a wife and two kids. 40 miles isn't bad.
    I can understand moving to St Louis, just not moving away from there again... ( I was forced to move away from St. Louis when I was a kid )

Quote Originally Posted by John Anderson View Post
    Local moves like that aren't bad, get a bunch of boxes load and label them and move all the small stuff in your truck,van, car. Order beer and pizza and get a bunch of friends to haul the bigger stuff with a rented truck or hire 2 men and a truck and just drink beer and watch....
    I've done that several times over the past 10 years.

Also moved from Missouri to Illinois to Texas back to Illinois, not quite as easy or inexpensive but you're only going 40 miles so you don't have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    You're still college age?
    That tends to mean your collection of "crap" will still fit inside your car
    The last few times I moved, I had minimal crap.
    The next move, I'm going to have to sell off a boatload of inherited crap.
    BTW 40 miles is not too bad, you can make multiple trips if necessary.
    When I last moved, Vegas to Riverside (240 miles) I had to make a couple trips, because I had a small car.
    Fortunately only once back in the early 80's did a move require one of those big moving companies.
    Yes I am quite a young person around here. The pile of crap isn't a huge deal to move. Thankfully a friend has an enclosed trailer, so it's definitely going to be just one trip.

I've got quite a nice collection of boxes going on right now. The unpacking is what's going to suck.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I can understand moving to St Louis, just not moving away from there again... ( I was forced to move away from St. Louis when I was a kid )
    Well actually I was in a hole in the wall town about 90 minutes from St. Louis so it wasn't as great as it sounds.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I've moved 13 times in the past 38 years, four of them interstate. For the past 30 years I've hired movers, and it's still a pain in the butt! Good luck.

Chats: 256

My dad was in the Air Force so we moved a little. Fortunately not as much as some other military brats that I know. We lived in Florida for 3 years, the UK for 5 years , California for 18 months and again in the UK for 5 years, finally settling back stateside in Albuquerque where dad retired.

From then I moved a few times in Albuquerque and a larger move to Las Vegas for work after school. Finally a move to Dallas with work to corporate offices here. Have moved 2 times in the 15 years here in Dallas area. Most recently in February to new house we built.

The moves while a kid with dad in the air force were all movers etc. The move from Las Vegas was movers paid by work. Otherwise it has been me as the muscle to get things done. Next time we move it will be movers that we pay to do it for us. Not going through that again.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast