Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving in a couple days - Have you moved a few times before?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Modesto CA to Missouri

Moving to Modesto Ca was the easy part, Railroad did the whole boxed and loaded everything!

Only thing they would not load up on that huge trailer,,,,,,, 50 something feet,,,,,, , was my bike, (Goldwing).

He put the steep, (having a very sharp slope, and camber ramp on the back of the trailer! It looked like something a dare-devil would only attempt.

Iceman took the bike back about 40 yards, revved up the engine a few times for all the spectators standing by watching! It was cool looking at their terrified faces,,, (Will Ice Make it????? Will Ice get that half ton beautiful Goldwing stopped in time if he does make it???

I had about 15 feet to get it stopped after cresting the this rather small cambered ramp..... that I knew would flex upon the weight of my bike.

Just to make it more dramatic I went at it at a pretty good clip, then STOPPED laying some rubber on the street!

The crowed that had gathered to watch, took a collective sigh!!!

I then went back again, make the sign of the cross, throttled my Goldwing and went like a bat out of hell toward the Ramp!

I MADE IT, with about a foot to spare!

Maybe one of the huge highlights of my life... the RUSH was BEYOND words!

A very moving experience!!

TRUE STORY, ask my Wife!!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

I moved a lot when I was younger. Heck from 9-12 grade I had 4 different schools in three states

I've moved 6 times in the last 10 years (all around the same area) as renting places changed, life events happened, etc. It's not so bad, especially if you don't have a ton of stuff - load up a few cars, grab a couple friends and finish it up in a day. The packing/unpacking, and getting used to the new area is the toughest part, but after a week or 2 it's pretty much status quo again.

Chats: 0

My Dad was in the Army so when we were young we moved every two years. What fun that was. The only thing that ever saved it was that my Dad ended up running the bowling alleys on the army posts so I got to bowl for free most of the time.

Yes, four times so far, but not significant distances.

Chats: 204

Default Hmmm....

I'm assuming we're not including college?? Because I went to college 10 hours from my parents house so twice a year would have to fill up the SUV and make that move.

But in terms of actual moving...not college related...I've moved 8 times. The last one I finally learned some lessons:

1) I'm too old to move by myself. I thought I was going to physically collapse. Took 4 days in 90 degree weather...and I'm still partially unpacking 2 months later.

2) I'm going to be getting rid of a LOT of stuff and have already started. Just too many things that I keep moving from location to location but never actually even open the boxes.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

What is Bowling?

Re: moving---"Three times is as good as a fire."

Attributed to Mark Twain.

Pin Crusher

Are you there yet? I miss taking an afternoon reading one of your posts..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12