Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling only for the socially awkward

Chats: 32

I personally am just fine with the idea that "general society" may think I'm weird. Myself I consider most other people certifiably insane.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Link to this article Mr. NewtoBowling?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Link to this article Mr. NewtoBowling?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c..._uncool_to_be/

Response from reddit bowling subforum
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Bowling/com...adly_relevant/

It's actually an amusing read. Some things may be on point.

Karaoke, Rubiks Cube, DDR, GH, Juggling were some of the other suggestions.
    Last edited by NewToBowling; 08-24-2015 at 12:32 PM.

The bowling one is ridiculous. I've never looked at one REALLY good bowler and thought, "Boy they sure are really socially impaired".

I bowl with a doctor and two lawyers along with a garbage man and two unemployed people. The diverse field is what makes bowling a great sport. I think these types of posts are by people jealous that they cannot perform like the people they see doing these activities.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 1

it has been my experience that many times people who are insecure in themselves need outside stimulaiton to keep themselves engaged. They are the thrill seekers, as well as those addicted to social media. Anything that does not give an immediate thrill is just boring to them (they used to call that lack of personal motivation.). It is deeply engraved in the person of 20th and 21st. centry.

Because an easily bored person say something does not make it true.

I recall hearing a comedian joking about bowling being the most boring of sports. She cited bowlers just sitting, staring, sipping water, and scratching between bowls. She kept referring to "Earl-Freaking-Anthony" as driving her crazy.

If you don't like something, why can't you just move on to something else? Why all the contempt?

Just another perosona non grata. I think is is safe to ignore them and not waste any energy on it.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    The bowling one is ridiculous. I've never looked at one REALLY good bowler and thought, "Boy they sure are really socially impaired".

I bowl with a doctor and two lawyers along with a garbage man and two unemployed people. The diverse field is what makes bowling a great sport. I think these types of posts are by people jealous that they cannot perform like the people they see doing these activities.
    Yes, I also bowl with a group of people that represent nearly all walks of life, A dentist, Banker, CPA, Sales professionals, roofer, lawn service , govt employee, unemployed, retired, business owners and like any other group some are introverts and others are extroverts .... the article was clearly written by someone who has never hung around a bowling center.

Chats: 0

You could set your calendar by our bowling days. My son, daughter in law and I, bowl on a league Tuesday nights and have a standing reservation for a pair of lanes Saturday night. usually we do a few games after league then about 10 on Saturday. Some in the family think us weird because between us we have 14 balls and various other equipment. They look at us even worst knowing that we are about to add a ball spinner to the collection. They ask "Why do you clean and polish the balls so often they are just going to get dirty again?" They are just clueless. Oh well we have fun and that's all that counts. Its a lot cheaper than my last hobby radio controlled airplanes!
    Last edited by Jessiewoodard57; 08-24-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12