Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Storm Lock Bowling Ball

Default The New Storm Lock Bowling Ball

Storm has released info on its newest Premier line bowling ball, the Lock, featuring the new RAD-X core and GI-15 coverstock. The RAD-X core is based off of the RAD core from the X Factor series of bowling balls. The GI-15 Hybrid coverstock is also a brand new formulation, something we haven't seen in a Premier Line ball in quite some time.

What are your first thoughts on the ball? How do you expect it to react? Will you be getting one? Available 10/6/15!

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...2260/lock.html
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Based on the very low RG core and smooth coverstock, I'm guessing this isn't going to provide a super angular breakpoint, but should be able to handle heavier oil volumes pretty well without feeling like you have no control over the ball. Honestly though, I have no idea how this will stack up just looking at the numbers themselves.

Asymmetric, early rolling. Hmm - good for oil when you are looking for some backend, should fit into Storm's high end lineup pretty well. Personally, I won't have a use for this, just based on the numbers I can just foresee a lot of corners in my game.

However, I'm thinking it would be good on longer sport patterns on the fresh.

Chats: 4

I'm not all that sure if I need a ball with those numbers or not but
    one thing is for sure those coverstock colors reminds me of the old
    Roto Grip Critical Theory.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 1

I like this. The numbers work well for the oil we play in and how I play.

Chats: 0

I've already spoke to my PSO about ordering me one
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 256

Just got an email from my pro shop about this ball. They are having a Strom "tri it before you but it" event on the 6th. Too bad it's a day I bowl or I would be there to test it out. Also want to test out the Haywire, I think will be my next ball since it has the best of both worlds from Disturbed and Hyper Cell. Both have been great balls for me.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

So they made a Storm Crux a different color and made it smell like ginger snaps instead of pomengranates??

I've heard ginger snap smelling balls DO carry better...so yeah...I'm in.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Just got an email from my pro shop about this ball. They are having a Strom "tri it before you but it" event on the 6th. Too bad it's a day I bowl or I would be there to test it out. Also want to test out the Haywire, I think will be my next ball since it has the best of both worlds from Disturbed and Hyper Cell. Both have been great balls for me.
    The Haywire is looking good here, guy on the team we bowled tues was using one in the 230-240 range on the THS and the PSO here has shot a few 800's with his so far.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    So they made a Storm Crux a different color and made it smell like ginger snaps instead of pomengranates??

I've heard ginger snap smelling balls DO carry better...so yeah...I'm in.

Number wise they are similar but the Lock has a completely different core shape and cover stock than the Crux
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast