Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyjone else have this SAME problem

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Anyjone else have this SAME problem

746...but......................

The one thing that keeps my averages down is bowing like this one week, the doing a high 400 the next!!!! Yes I have gone that low after a great outing!

WHAT IS THE REASON? Is it the tilt of the Earth on its axis? Is it Solar rays? I can bowl with some of the best on a given day, even that 780 I had a while back, or I can sink to bottom of the pit!

Its not like I am not focused, or making adjustments... I JUST DON"T GET IT!!

This was last year, in October,,, just looking back to compare my bowling this year to last year!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-24-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 256

All in your head....FOCUS...Michael-san.

I have my share of brain farts too.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 1

I wish that was a prob I had mine look more like X-7-9/-8-X-6-6/ ha ha ha

Chats: 0

For me in part it has to do with getting used to the lane, and (due to age) getting limber enough to put the ball where I want it to go. We all have good days and bad days I think.

Playing the lanes week to week. You can be 100% locked in and running exactly where you need to (see scores above) and the next week that line won't be the one giving you the right motion or carry. It might be only a board or something... If I'm hitting my mark and its just not right after a few frames I'm going out in search of the playable area... but sometimes its tough to find depending on how you throw!

We can't all bowl 756 every week

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    We can't all bowl 756 every week
    Yeah boy if we could all do that every week we would all
    be on TV bowling and making some money.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Yeah boy if we could all do that every week we would all
    be on TV bowling and making some money.
    Nope,

There is a guy in my area who has shot 900, and averaged 253 for a full season, and he couldn't make it on the tour.

Yes, not exactly the same scores but the same general problem, most of the bowlers I know have that same problem, they are on fire and everything is working great and then suddenly it's not anymore and they can't find the solution to get it back. There are very few guys I know that are shooting scores like that every day, I can think of 2 or 3 guys around here that are in the 240's for an average.
    The other 220's average guys still have the same problem, they just seem to adapt, recover, get the magic or whatever you call it, back better and faster than other people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yes, not exactly the same scores but the same general problem, most of the bowlers I know have that same problem, they are on fire and everything is working great and then suddenly it's not anymore and they can't find the solution to get it back. There are very few guys I know that are shooting scores like that every day, I can think of 2 or 3 guys around here that are in the 240's for an average.
    The other 220's average guys still have the same problem, they just seem to adapt, recover, get the magic or whatever you call it, back better and faster than other people.
    The word you are looking for Tony is

The Gift

Some have it 95 percent don't, and are destined to being, poor, average or even good bowlers, but never The Best! Some bowlers just have that perfect combination of attributes, that puts them a head of the class.

Practice, 7 days a week, even take lessons form Rob, then let Mike White reprogram you after your lessons with Rob!!!

Read all the lengthy, long, dragging, prolonged, protracted dissertations from Aslan,,, and even if you survive all of the above!

Without the GIFT

YOU will never have the consistency it takes for a 230 or above average!

Shoot for the stars

YOU WILL ALWAYS BLOW IT!!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-25-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

YES I do this stuff all the time, thus the average suffers! HOW IN THE GOD's name does one do so poorly in one game, then come back in the
    other two?
    Sometimes its the last game that goes to ... he##!!!

WHY!!!!

I think I know why,,,, I am just an average bowler, ( A GOD) but still average, and only a few steps up from Aslan!

BUT!!!!

On a given day, on a given set of lanes I can beat some of the Gifted, and that's what keeps me going, and gives meaning to life!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast