Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyjone else have this SAME problem

If it was usually the last game that fell short it would be easy to conclude that fatigue played a roll but certainly this is not the case, if''s it was always the first game you could conclude it's not being warmed up but that does not seem to be the case.

Could it be mental attitude or focus?

Bowled against a guy last year who bowled a 130's then a 300 followed by a 150's game and ended up not hitting 600 for the series..... he was definitely walking around shaking his head trying to understand that one !

I do the same thing bowling a sub par game mixed in with 2 good games all the time.

I attribute some of mine to overthinking the game and not just lining up and flinging it......

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

It's in reading the lane. Both lanes of a pair are not the same, lane topography. Each lane is unique and each will transition differently with the same bowlers. So take that and add the fact that you bowl diffrent teams weekly and we are getting close. Now factor in transition. In the first example it clearly shows a choice beyween two option, 1. accuracy 2. transitioning too late
    Reading your own ball reaction versus someone else's is an art form. I can easily see the needed adjustments for others and still for myself have trouble seeing the ball leave the pin deck. Pisses me off actually.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Reading your own ball reaction versus someone else's is an art form. I can easily see the needed adjustments for others and still for myself have trouble seeing the ball leave the pin deck. Pisses me off actually.
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Part of my problem with this is that for about 30 years I was just a social/recreational bowler who would get up, throw a frame, and then sit down and resume whatever conversation was going on with my teammates. Until I began to take the game more seriously, I didn't realize how important it was to observe how the ball went through the pins. On really errant shots, I tend to not watch as closely and am only watching to see how bad the mess is that I have to convert. On good shots I tend to get distracted by the scattering of the pins and lose focus on where the ball goes. While I think I'm getting better at it, I doubt if I really track the ball all the way more than 25% of the time.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Part of my problem with this is that for about 30 years I was just a social/recreational bowler who would get up, throw a frame, and then sit down and resume whatever conversation was going on with my teammates. Until I began to take the game more seriously, I didn't realize how important it was to observe how the ball went through the pins. On really errant shots, I tend to not watch as closely and am only watching to see how bad the mess is that I have to convert. On good shots I tend to get distracted by the scattering of the pins and lose focus on where the ball goes. While I think I'm getting better at it, I doubt if I really track the ball all the way more than 25% of the time.

That's the thing about during league, it can be hard to post your shot. You can get feeling rushed for so many reasons, I've felt it too. You just got to remember, you own the lane till the ball falls in the pit.

And as for reading your own ball reaction versus someone else's, that's true too. I don't how many times I've watched someone else's ball going down the lane and knew exactly what it was going to do. But doing that for yourself is hard, That's why it's important to get a second set of eye's on it if you can.

Even watching yourself on a video can be hard, because sometimes you'll ignore watching something in your release, approach etc. which you wouldn't do if you watched someone else.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12