Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I NEVER WANT TO MISS A TEN pin AGAIN

While the miss room would be on his left initially, once the ball gets down the lane and finds the area where the righties have ripped up a large area, it's on his right. I'm glad you told him that the back up method would require a lot of practice as well. Too bad you didn't tell him to practice using a plastic spare ball like you do, I do, and a great majority of top bowlers do as well. Once again, it's not all about you, Mike, regardless of how badly you want it to be. Try helping people instead of just trying to make yourself look superior.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    While the miss room would be on his left initially, once the ball gets down the lane and finds the area where the righties have ripped up a large area, it's on his right. I'm glad you told him that the back up method would require a lot of practice as well. Too bad you didn't tell him to practice using a plastic spare ball like you do, I do, and a great majority of top bowlers do as well. Once again, it's not all about you, Mike, regardless of how badly you want it to be. Try helping people instead of just trying to make yourself look superior.
    The only thing in this thread that was about me, was when Iceman asked if I had drilled balls for backup bowlers.

I answered Iceman's questions the way he asked them, not with an agenda on how the game is supposed to be played.

We have a no thumb guy who shoots his 10 pin spares using exactly the path Iceman is describing, and is rather successful with it.

I don't try to make myself look superior... ha ha ha I guess it just happens naturally.

I know it bothers you when I correct your mistakes, but if someone comes here and only reads your comments, and nobody disputed it, they might think it's an accepted fact.
    Last edited by Mike White; 08-30-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    The only thing in this thread that was about me, was when Iceman asked if I had drilled balls for backup bowlers. Have you drilled balls for bowlers who hook the ball and just want a back-up ball to throw at ten pins?

I answered Iceman's questions the way he asked them, not with an agenda on how the game is supposed to be played. If he asked you how to bowl while standing on his head, would you try to tell him, or tell him that it's probably not a good idea?

We have a no thumb guy who shoots his 10 pin spares using exactly the path Iceman is describing, and is rather successful with it. Iceman isn't a no thumb guy.

I don't try to make myself look superior... ha ha ha I guess it just happens naturally. I think I'm going to be sick!

I know it bothers you when I correct your mistakes, but if someone comes here and only reads your comments, and nobody disputed it, they might think it's an accepted fact. Just because I don't always agree with you doesn't mean that I made a mistake, it just means that we disagree.
    1. Have you ever drilled a ball for a bowler who hooks the ball, but just wants to back a ball up at the ten pin?
    2. If he asked you how to bowl while standing on his head would you tell him, or would you simply say that it's probably not a good idea?
    3. Iceman isn't a no thumb bowler.
    4. I think I'm going to be sick!
    5. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't make my opinion a mistake. Funny, but the people who read my BTM articles either agree with them or don't agree with them without ever calling me names.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-30-2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: fixed color code

I am thinking the solution to Iceman's 10 pin shooting with a margin error for is obvious, he should throw a lefty strike ball with his left hand, it will have the exact same margin as throwing right handed at the 7 pin , problem solved....if there is a rule prohibiting that, just ignore it and tell them it was a backup ball !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    1. Have you ever drilled a ball for a bowler who hooks the ball, but just wants to back a ball up at the ten pin?
    2. If he asked you how to bowl while standing on his head would you tell him, or would you simply say that it's probably not a good idea?
    3. Iceman isn't a no thumb bowler.
    4. I think I'm going to be sick!
    5. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't make my opinion a mistake. Funny, but the people who read my BTM articles either agree with them or don't agree with them without ever calling me names.
    If I just ignore this someone is going to think you are correct, so I have to ask.

IF you feel I've called you names, please show us some of the links where you felt this happened.

My comments are about the things you post, not about you as a person.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I am thinking the solution to Iceman's 10 pin shooting with a margin error for is obvious, he should throw a lefty strike ball with his left hand, it will have the exact same margin as throwing right handed at the 7 pin , problem solved....if there is a rule prohibiting that, just ignore it and tell them it was a backup ball !
    Are you saying Iceman should cheat?

That's not going to fly.

Are you saying Iceman should cheat?

That's not going to fly.
    Figures there is a rule .....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Figures there is a rule .....
    There isn't a rule at the PBA level, or at the open bowling level, but there is at the USBC level.

There isn't a rule at the PBA level, or at the open bowling level, but there is at the USBC level.
    Chances are it wouldn't have helped him anyway. but good to know.

Chats: 0

I was using a plastic spare ball but would miss the 10 way too often. My strike ball is a Storm Crux Pearl but it has also become my spare ball especially for the 6, 10 and 10 pin spares. I approach is at the 39 board and roll it across at the 15th board more times then not it makes the turn and rolls perfectly straight down the 2,3 board. ( by the way learned that one from someone here)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast