Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Whatever works the best for you is the thing to do, I used to do the same thing, and when I was on I got them all, but when I was off missed them all. The reason I ended up getting a spare ball was when I started using the hyper cell skid ball, no matter what I tried the ball would hook away from the 10 pin at the last second and I was missing way too many.
After some dedicated practice I have found if I hit my mark the plastic ball gets the 10 every time !
Funny thing yesterday I was at a ball demo and the guy in front of me kept leaving 10 pins and didn't want to shoot at them...the reset was not working so I shot a few for him, never missed once and I was using a Guru Master ....tons of hook, guess it was one of those on days !
I could see the Hyper Cell missing a lot that ball has a monstrous backend. If I am using a ball other than my Crux and leave a 6, 10 or just the 10 I do go to the Crux for those spares so in that case my Crux is a spare ball. I just seem to have issues throwing a straight ball.