Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stormed1's 2015/2016 scores

Chats: 204

rough week

Howd you end up with a 110 and a 114?? Splits? Spare shooting issues?

Chats: 221

both. left a 7-9 and 2 pocket 7-10's plus chopped several spares. Going out to see my friend who is a silver level coach to straighten out some timing issues
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Monday night men. Well this was a much better week as far as throwing the ball. Threw the Forza in game 1and shot 203 with 2 opens. I chopped the 3-6 and missed a 9 pin. In game 2 I started having problems with the Forza overlooking. After several moves deeper without a lot of success I switched to the Columbia Take Down ( 60x5.25x40 @3k + polish ) that's I drilled Monday afternoon. ended up shooting 169 with 2 opens and a couple bad counts. I stayed with the Take Down for all of game 3 even though I should have balled down to either the Cobra SE or the Long Shot. I ended up shooting 168 with a missed 7 and 8 pin and a couple 6 counts on first balls but learned a lot about the ball. It works out to be a real good step down from the Forza

Wednesday night men's. I struggled all night with over/under and as a result carry issues" game 1 was a 184 with a missed 10 pin and a 4-9. I threw the Forza in game one. I stayed with the Forza at the start of game 2 and went 4-9, 4-10, 7-10. I switched to the Take Down and went 3-10, strike 10 pin (missed) got a litTle soft and left a 3-6-7-10. I went 9/ the next 2 frames and lefT a 4-9 for a 138. After that nightmare I went to the Long Shot for game 3 and managed to grind out a 178 for an even 500 series

Monday night men. I prettYmuch had the same issues as last Wednesday but not too as great an extent. I managed to grind out a 188 in game one. In game 2 I struggled with trying to find a release that would combat the transition in game 2 and struggled to a 147. Transition was an issue for pretty much everyone in game 2 as there were only 3 200+ games in the whole league. I went to the Cobra SE for game 3 and was clean for a 189, I left 4 solid 7's in game 3 for a 524

Well the week was a reasonable one as far as throwing the ball went. I did not bowl Monday as I was in Rockford attending the funeral of my wife's 98 year old aunt. I wen they league
    On Wednesday not Expecting. to bowl so I could let our subs get enough games tO be able to bowl position rounds. Well when I got there only two people were there to bowl so I needed to bowl so we did not have to forfeit. I was a little concerned as my tendonitIs in my elbow had flared Up earlier in the week and my elbow was bothering me. I found out in pRactice that I could tHrow the ball with only slight discomfort while one went well putting my hand in the ball. Our fourth bowler showed up just as practice was ending so we ended up bowling only one short as our fifth was stuck at work and would get there as soon as possible. Game one went well with one open ( split second frame ) and I ended up with a 179. In game two I had two splits and a missed 10 pin to end up with a 158. I threw the Protocol for the first two games. In game Three the wheels came off as normal adjustment did not work due a no Thurber on the other team throwing balls at 1000 grit and doing the old spray and pray. I started game three with the Forza but rapidly switched to the Cobra SE. I struggled mightily with splits and ended up with a 138. As a team we ended up winning 5 points so it was a successful night as a team. 179-158-138=475

I know I have been absent from posting for a while so I wiill update things Over the last 7 weeks I have managed to raise my average 10 pins while still ,suffering 1 bad game a night/. for examle the last 3 weeks 194-148-207=541 204-122-202=528 168-157-232=557
    On Monday's I have just been shooting average with the same issues of 1 bad game

I bowled the association senior tournament last weekend and finished 10th in my division shooting 167-169-202-179

The bad games have been at the expense of missed spares and splits. Going to start throwing my Rebel Tank at all spares except 10 pin

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    I know I have been absent from posting for a while so I wiill update things Over the last 7 weeks I have managed to raise my average 10 pins while still ,suffering 1 bad game a night/. for examle the last 3 weeks 194-148-207=541 204-122-202=528 168-157-232=557
    On Monday's I have just been shooting average with the same issues of 1 bad game

I bowled the association senior tournament last weekend and finished 10th in my division shooting 167-169-202-179

The bad games have been at the expense of missed spares and splits. Going to start throwing my Rebel Tank at all spares except 10 pin
    Good to see you back Stormed1. You scores look like mine I've been doing the same thing for a while now too.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Part of my problems on Wednesdays is we have 4 Two-handers , 4 no thumbers and a bunch of younger high rev players throwing dull equipment in the league. With my slow speed a lot of nights I can't get the ball through the heads before it starts hooking in game 3. I have 2 polished urethane balls I throw in game 3 (Seismic Desperado le & Motiv Rebel Tank) but even they are too strong some nights. I am picking up a Taboo spare (plastic) which I hopes is the answer to my problem

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Part of my problems on Wednesdays is we have 4 Two-handers , 4 no thumbers and a bunch of younger high rev players throwing dull equipment in the league. With my slow speed a lot of nights I can't get the ball through the heads before it starts hooking in game 3. I have 2 polished urethane balls I throw in game 3 (Seismic Desperado le & Motiv Rebel Tank) but even they are too strong some nights. I am picking up a Taboo spare (plastic) which I hopes is the answer to my problem
    I have lower speed to so I feel ya there. Last week on my Saturday night league we bowled against a team that had two bowlers who had Storm Lock's sanded down to 1k that they were bowling with. One of them was pretty good bowler and actual started a nice line to bounce off of unfortunately the other bowler was spraying the D### thing everywhere and by the third game I was playing a fall back line over 20 trying to keep the ball from hooking at the arrows. I bought a Brunswick Avalanche (polished Urethane) and tried that but it didn't work for me with the low ball speed you just have to play too far left for urethane. I've had good luck with my Ebonite Skull spare ball so hopefully the Taboo will be good for you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

WEd night league. I went 200-118-222=540. I threw about 3 shots in practice with my Covert Revolt and it went back in the bag. I wentto my Protocol with the pin under middle finger. I started with a chop and then a greek church.Moved a little deeper and threw 5 of the next 6 to end up with 200 even. Game 2 was a disaster as I fell behind the moves I needed to make in transition . Being stubborn I stayed with the Protocol tand ended up with 4 splits and i missed 2 spares. End result 118. Went to my Wrecker , stood 44 with my left foot and played 20-10. I had a 4-7-10 in the 8th and endexd up with 222. As ateam we managed to get 7 points so i was happy there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast