Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stormed1's 2015/2016 scores

Chats: 221

Default stormed1's 2015/2016 scores

Firsxt night of my Wed night league was brutzal!. Bowled the previous wed on what was supposedly the new THS for this year. I brought the appropriate equipment for what I saw that nigb\ht......WRONG!!! The oil volume wazs substantially higher than what I bowled on so I did not have a strong enough ball with me for what was out there in game one.. Our oposition was all higbh rev bowlers throwing dull equipment so thed transition was drastic. Started with az pin down Reax pearl, went to a pin up polished Netwerk and finished with az polished Cobra se. started out game one playing up 8 and by game 3 was going 17-8. I ended up shooting 125-155-151=431. I chopped a couple buckets, missed 3 10 pins and had 5t splits (7-10/4-10-4-9x2/6-7-10). This week I will be bringing my Moxie and Respect to go along with the Cobra and Hook. I could really tell I only bowled 12 games all summer
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Sounds like a rough night, I hope the beer was cold anyway! It's early yet and no practice really seemed to hurt me every year too. This is the first year I have ever thrown a bunch of practice games during the off season, I'm hoping it pays off with some reasonable scores, my wed league starts tonight !
    Have a great 2nd night!

I had a much better night for week 2. I shot 185-183-159=527.I threw the Moxie for the first game and a half,. The Respect for the rest of game 2 and the first 3 frames of game 3 and then switched to the Cobra se to finish things off. In game 1 I had 3 opens, (2 splits and a chopped spare). Game 2 had 3 opens also (1 split and 2 missed 10 pins. Game 3e also had 3 opens (missed 4 pin,10 pin and a bad miss when my hip gave me az jolt of pain in my approach). All in all not a terrible night as the team won 5 points from a strong team.I till need to figure out what ball to bring as a step down from the Moxie as the Respect is too strong to fill that slot. Probably will bring my Deranged next week for that roll. Hopefully My rebel Tank will be in so I can drill it as a new spare ball.

Another rough night tonight. Nothing felt good, timing was bad and spare shooting was worse.. Shot 131-135-169=435 Biggest problem with how things are feeling is the fluctuation in my hands due to dialysis. i ended up adding 4-5 pieces of tape to balls that were fine last week. As I just got in my order of ball-it's for IT's I will be switching the rest of my stuff back over to them and drilling a couple smaller thumbs for nights like tonight. On a plus note the Rebel Tank I drilled to use as a spare ball and for when they get "toasty" worked as expected and will be fine once I get my new thumbs made

After missing a week due to an angiogram on my legs last week I was able to start back again lasT night. I drilled a couplE pieces for this week. The Forza reacted just as I inspected. How.ever the Long Shot was not as strong as my memory said it was. The bight did not start well with me opening the first three frames. Irecovered and stayed clean till the eighth frame where I left a pocket 7-10. I ended up with 162 for game one. Started game two going high the first three frames moving every shot. I went to the Long shot and went bucket bucket and then through the nose when I moved farther right. I switched to the Cobra SE and went through the beak and a washout. I had big time over/under with the Cobra so I went back to the Forza and made a huge move left. I finished the game with three straight ten pins and finished with a 142. My number got drawn for the strike shot worth $88.00 so I moved to lane 16 which is not used by our league. I moved back right to where I started the night and left a ringing 10. I was disappointed that I did not carry but was happy that Imade a quality shot. I started game three with a turkey and stayed clean till the eighth when I caught the out of bounds shooting at the 4-7 for an open. Left a 3-10 in the ninth and picked it up. Tenth frame was a disaster as I moved deeper , left a bucket and chopped it for a 185. So for the night I shot 162-142-185 =489

Chats: 204

1) Paragraph(s)
    2) The Cobra SE is an interesting ball. I was kinda looking to pick one of those up shortly after it came out but it was kinda hard to find. AMF balls and to a slightly lesser extent 900Global I don't see much of.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    1) Paragraph(s)
    2) The Cobra SE is an interesting ball. I was kinda looking to pick one of those up shortly after it came out but it was kinda hard to find. AMF balls and to a slightly lesser extent 900Global I don't see much of.
    This from a guy who spends how many hours a day on Bowlingball.com's sister website? I know they have 900 global and I figure they have AMF although I would have to look at the latter to be sure. Clicking that link at the top tab hard to do so far away mouse so heavy. LOL
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

Well, yeah...I bought a 900Global online...actually two. But it's just much more rare to see in pro shops.

And like 900Global...but even worse...is AMF. You'd be surprised how many people respond to an AMF ball release with, "I didn't even know they still made balls!"

I've probably met more people that throw Seismic...which isn't available even on some of the big online sites...than AMF....or 900Global for that matter.

The Cobra SE was just a case of, by the time I liked it...it was no longer available. I found a couple online for a more unreasonable price point...I wasn't curious enough to spend much.

Chats: 7

I've have 2 900 Global balls (Train and Hook) and son has, or had, 3 (Nutz, Desert Hook and Boost). We both really like their stuff. My son recently threw his first 300 with a Boost Cardinal Red Pearl in the first full game out of the box.
    Arsenal: 14# Storm Tropical Heat Orange/Purple; 14# 900 Global Hook! Red/Yellow Solid; 14# 900 Global Train; 14# Brunswick Twister Urethane; 12# Brunswick "The Pearl" plastic.

Wednesday night mens - Have a rough go of it and endd up shooting my lowest game in the last 35 years 114. Made a big move in in he 10th frame and had a better look. shot 189 ibn game 2. In game 3 the high rev guys on the other team had destroyed the pattern and I ended up going to my Cobra se abd Long Shotg to gring out a 169 114-189-169=472SHrew the Forza in games 1 and 2, Cobra se and Shot in game 3

Monday night mens. I decided to try my Respect tonight and unfortuanatly in game 1 I wAs in over/under hell. Had 4 splits and 3 chops for a whopping 110. Went to the Forza for games 2 and 3 and shot 202-197 wwith 2 opens each game 1 split and 1 chop each game 110-202-197=509

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast