Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking in the Bowling Center

Default Smoking in the Bowling Center

I saw a post where it mentioned that they allowed smoking in the bowling center and I wondered what are the rules where you live.

I am in Illinois and they enacted the no smoking in public buildings back in 2008 to cover all enclosed workplaces inc bars.

Last year the Chicago ban was rewritten to include E cigarettes.

The smoke in the bowling center was so thick and nasty that when I would get home I would throw all those clothes into the basement because they would smell up the whole house.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default I agree...... Smoke Sucks!

We have that in most places here in Kansas City. Only bowling lane that has smoking is The Gladstone lanes where I am bowling now! They only have it on certain leagues... evening.... the day time seniors leagues don not allow smoking.

I thought I would give that Wednesday league a shoot, because I wanted to bowl with a good friend Gene,, ( on this site )! Wow,,, it's been two weeks now, and It was bad last Wednesday,,, lungs felt tight that night....

Not sure this is going to work out,,, I am into health,,, and second-hand smoke,,, SUCKS! It's the only bowling establishment I know of in the area that still allows smoking on some of its leagues!

Smoking is dangerous to not only you, but fellow bowlers.... "Just Say No"
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 09-02-2015 at 01:53 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    We have that in most places here in Kansas City. Only bowling lane that has smoking is The Gladstone lanes where I am bowling now! They only have it on certain leagues... evening.... the day time seniors leagues don not allow smoking.

I thought I would give that Wednesday league a shoot, because I wanted to bowl with a good friend Gene,, ( on this site )! Wow,,, it's been two weeks now, and It was bad last Wednesday,,, lungs felt tight that night....

Not sure this is going to work out,,, I am into health,,, and second-hand smoke,,, SUCKS! It's the only bowling establishment I know of in the area that still allows smoking on some of its leagues!

I used to keep score on the same kind of overhead projectors as at the wood house, and the ashtrays were right there on the table area.

At the end of the night the smoke smell was bad, but also back then So Cal was horrible for smog too so we had "stronger" lungs.

No bowling alley's around here allow smoking that I know if.
    Last edited by Mike White; 09-02-2015 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I used to keep score on the same kind of overhead projectors as at the wood house, and the ashtrays were right there on the table area.

At the end of the night the smoke smell was bad, but also back then So Cal was horrible for smog too so we had "stronger" lungs.

No bowling alley's around here allow smoking that I know if.
    We had the same overhead units with the ashtrays and back it those days I was a smoker / quit in 91, those were the overheads we were using when we scored the whole night in roman numerals one time .....why I don't recall.

If I remember correctly CA was the first state to enact a smoking ban.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post

I'm not sure I could do it, the bowing with an old buddy is great but the smoke is just nasty, I am able to smell the smoke of someone in a car at the stoplight , in the winter with all the windows up...the smell in the bowling alley must be horrible!

Chats: 221

Both Illinois and Indian houses have no smoking rules. If you want to p;uff you have to go outside
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

There are three bowling alleys within a 25 mile radius of me, and none allow smoking on the lanes. The largest allows has a bar and a pool room, which you can smoke in. One has a tiny room just for smoking. The last has nothing, and you must go outside.

I didn't know any bowling centers allowed it anymore. Here first they prohibited it in the bowling area, but you could smoke in the bar, then you had to go outside, now you are supposed to be a certain amount of feet from the door, although they don't usually adhere to that.

I never smoked, but I don't understand why smokers let this kind of gradualism force them outdoors in the rain and cold, to smoke. They should have stood up for their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyInPortland View Post
    I didn't know any bowling centers allowed it anymore. Here first they prohibited it in the bowling area, but you could smoke in the bar, then you had to go outside, now you are supposed to be a certain amount of feet from the door, although they don't usually adhere to that.

I never smoked, but I don't understand why smokers let this kind of gradualism force them outdoors in the rain and cold, to smoke. They should have stood up for their rights.
    I agree with not smoking in a place where non-smokers will be exposed. I feel like a bar is supposed to be a smoking area though, and those who choose to go in a bar should expect it. I would be mad if I couldn't smoke in the bar. I do feel bad for any bartenders who might not be smokers, but then again they aren't forced to be a bartender...

The alley that I have to go outside at, I don't mind because it's so tiny, they literally have no other option besides allowing it in the bowling area.

I would not set foot in a bar or bowling alley that allows smoking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast