Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowl1820's 2015-16 Scores

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Maybe they calculated his entering average wrong.

They had me listed at a entering 162. When I inquired, he showed me my two leagues; 162 and 149 and they take the highest average. I reluctantly told him the 149 was a sport shot league and should be adjusted higher. So now I have an entering 174 average. DOHT!
    Unless USBC has changed the rules regarding sport condition averages, you only apply that adjustment if you have no non-sport average.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Unless USBC has changed the rules regarding sport condition averages, you only apply that adjustment if you have no non-sport average.
    *$&$

Well....I'd feel like a terdburgler to ask him to change it back.

But I did not know that.

It's not gonna matter. After 2 weeks I'm averaging 173 and we're 8-0. Dropping my entering average to 162 is just gonna tick off the sidepot guys and give us a better shot at winning the next week's points and start 12-0. Then the average will be 173 legitimately.

But thanks. Thread mini-hijack over.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Weeks 5

Week 5's disaster was a 169-145-133 for a 447 series, but we at least took 5 out of 7 point's.

Was really pulling the ball a lot, speed was down. About 80% of this is operator error, the other 20% is because of the slow break in of the white microfiber slide sole of my new shoes. The white MF sole that comes with the shoes doesn't slide as much as the old standard tan leather sole. (I've seen that complaint from others about the white microfiber soles, that started back when Dexter did away with the old Tan soles.)

I found I was coming up about 2+ feet short of where I normally stop at the foul line. At first I thought this was because of the graduated rubber heel, But it was the white sole causing me to stop too early.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 06

Week 6 Not much improvement, but some hope.

148-227-160 for a 535

The main thing this week was I got my slide working better, which caused my speed to increase about 2 mph over last week. I was hitting pins at 15 mph. The low games are mainly missed spares.

For the shoes I made some slight mods.

As you can see on the heel, the rubber has these tiny rubber nubs. I took my palm sander and removed most of them in the yellow boxed area. They were already beginning to wear off anyway and that area is were most of the braking happens. (That was a trick on older shoes if you needed more slide, you rounded that leading edge off some.)

As for the white microfiber sole, I had the option to try the Grey felt which slides alot or just stick on the Tan leather sole from my Dexters (which would fit). But I gave one thing a try first.

I pulled the W.M.F. sole off while still at home and poured some talc on it and rubbed the heck out of it. (Don't worry I knocked it all off before I went to the lanes, so nothing got on them I checked before we started bowling).

Something I noticed about the W.M.F. sole, I think that microfiber might pick up a some moisture in it. Because that's how it felt sliding, like when the approaches have a lot of humidity on them. Also when I was rubbing the talc on it, the powder started feeling odd like it was picking up moisture out of the sole.

My slide was a bunch better after that, I didn't have to touch that sole all night. I think if it stays that way it should smooth out good now.

Other than the sole, The TPU-X's fitting great! The traction sole worked great!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Chats: 204

I bought a pair of cheap off brand shoes at Sears...simply because they were only $19.99 new on clearance.

Well, Mudpuppy Cliff Notes: They fit great and felt great...but the sole was so slippery I felt like Bambi on ice and the heel was so badly manufactured that there were uneven parts that would stick. So one minute you're sliding out of control and then some random part of the heel will catch and catch hard. I took them back.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 7

A better night this week, 211-193-206 for a 610 series and broke even in the brackets. Left 4 ten pins and picked up 3 and we took all the points.

I think I got the surface on the Bad A$$ dialed in now for the THS here. Went with a Gray Scotchbrite (600 Grit paper will work too), sanding down from my PAP followed by a light touch of 1500 grit paper. This got it through the heads good with a bit more aggressive move on the backend.

We only had 5 bowlers tonight 3 on the other team didn't show up, so the shot held up and the BA worked good for all three games.

Shoes are doing good, slide is improving. I moved up on the approach too, since I had been coming up short on my slide. My speed was back up some too.

Nice scoring ! Sounds like the change in surface is working well.

Makes for some quick games with all those bowlers missing !

I'm guessing they stayed home to watch the CUBS !

Chats: 32

Congrats bowl I know you struggled at the start keep it up
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Nice shooting Bowl1820!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Nice scoring ! Sounds like the change in surface is working well.

Makes for some quick games with all those bowlers missing !

I'm guessing they stayed home to watch the CUBS !
    Yeah that's a little more surface than I was using before, (even though I was executing badly at the time) I could see the surface before was a little too touchy.

The games didn't go too fast, everyone tried to keep a normal pace up. So we didn't get done too much earlier than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Congrats bowl I know you struggled at the start keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Nice shooting Bowl1820!
    Thanks! Now to see if I can repeat it next week.

I had videoed myself the last 2 weeks to see what was doing wrong, so maybe it's paying off, fingers crossed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast