Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowl1820's 2015-16 Scores

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Bowl1820's 2015-16 Scores

Well last night was the start of the winter league after laying off the summer, A lackluster beginning but it's a start.

First thing I did was go to the ProShop and ordered some new shoes, I decided on the Brunswick TPU-X's. Cost $170 out the door, should have by tomorrow.

I'd like to have stayed with Dexter, But since the 9's are new and just rolling out, we don't really know if there are any issues in them, Plus they only come with one sole and they cost more and I didn't want a older model SST.

The TPU-X's have been updated to a newer version which fixes the issues with the first gen. ones, also they come with extra soles and are cheaper which saved me enough money that can pay for two nights of bowling.

Well we had a full team(4) lined up for last night, but the 4th man didn't show. After some calls we found out he wasn't going to bowl after all, seems his wife quit the league she was on.

So "he" decided he won't bowl. I wouldn't have minded if he had just let us know, I had another guy there I could have got, but now he's on another team. Oh well someone will come along.

Started off the season with a somewhat lacking 152-174-195 for a 521, they had some oil out for the start. That will get changed though about thanksgiving time. We have no idea who won, using the new hdcp system now and we didn't know all the averages yet.

The need for new shoes are very evident now, the traction sole on my current ones should be called a slip&slid sole. Hard to get a good push off when there's no grip.

I started off using the Bad A$$ but had to switch when I pulled the finger grips out of it and my glue was dried up. So finished off with my old Storm Pyro.

I left seven 10 pins for the night and picked up all but one.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 09-02-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    We have no idea who won, using the new hdcp system now and we didn't know all the averages yet.
    I HATE that about the beginning of the season. You leave the center thinking you 'might' have taken 1 or 2...but it could be 0 or 4.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 02

Week 2

Well a welcome surprise, our fourth bowler appeared! He decided he could bowl after all. He bought a $30k truck last year and just bought a $25k motorcycle and had to see if he could afford bowling this year.

But the downer was my new shoes hadn't arrive distributor was out and hadn't informed us, but they are supposed to be here Friday.

I'll be glad when they arrive, It's hard to concentrate on shot making when your thinking about your footing. Plus my feet were getting a little sore by the end of the night with my current shoes. The support in them is getting a bit weak.

It's a slow start this year for scoring, I had 147-174-181 for a 502 series this time.

Last week I started with the Bad A$$, this week I started with the DV8 Dude. I wanted to see how they each with would react with the current shot through the night.

The Dude reacted very smoothly as usual, but was lacking in surface to handle the fresh oil. As the night wore on it started working better.

I only left three 10 pins, but only picked up one.

Two weeks in using the "Team Difference" handicap system, We won 1 game last week and only 1 game this week.

Comparing this system to the old handicap system, It was as I figured. There's basically no difference. We won and lost the same number of games. The place where there is a difference is in the margin of pins you win or lose by.

In the "Team Difference" system the games are slightly closer, this system is likely to affect those games that would have been very close or ties in the old system and could swing them the other way.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Chats: 221

I can relate to the no-show bowler situation.. When the season ended last year we had a solid lineup for this year. Then my son got a new job in which he works Wednesday nights so he had to quit. We had someone lined up to replace him and he backed out the day of our first league night. Another bowler backed out a week before we started so we bowled the first 2 weeks 1q bowler short even though my daughter was subbing for us.I have 2 part time guys lined up but neither can start till sometime next month. One is waiting for clearance from his doctor after having open heart surgery last march. The other is waiting for his daughters track season to end as their meets are on Wednesdays. So far we are 9-12 for the season
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 3

Week 3

181-172-180 for a 533 series

Well not much better than last week, but maybe a little more consistent. Not many strikes mostly just shooting spares, so it didn't add up to much.

I had my new shoes and was wearing them, I was nervous about wearing them during league. I had wore them at home to get them to loosen up some and conform to my feet some.

Before league I got on the lanes and just did slides over and over trying to get the feel of them and broke in some.

I've done it before, but It was a experience none the less. Seeing just how much I had lost with on my old shoes compared to the new ones.

The grip of the new traction shoe was really strong with the H-2 shark tooth heel and TP3 rubber push off sole.

The slide of the SP-8 white microfiber slide sole wasn't bad, I think this white microfiber sole feels just slightly more grippy than the old Dexter Tan colored S8 sole, a few more games on it and I think it will be alright though.

The H-5 graduated rubber heel is the one that needs some more breaking in, it's similar to the Dexter Tri-Dex heel. Being new it's kind of grabby, If you shift weight back on your heel you can really feel it start braking you. You need to keep your weight shifted forward on the ball of your foot, which is more where you want it.

I tried the H-7 leather heel once , the lane would need to be a bit more tacky for me to use it, it felt good during the approach. But when you wanted to stop and your weight shifted to your heel, you kept going.

A few more games and they should be okay, the TPU-X's do feel good on your feet.

I gotta ask my coach about new shoes later this month. Now that sliding is getting to be more and more part of my shot (versus planting)...suddenly I can't wear the dirty old shoes I was wearing.

In Vegas I started to stick too much at Gold Coast so I bought a pair of those shoe covers. But damn...that was TOO much slide. Had to go back to the shoes and just hope for the best.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 4

week 4

Another mediocre week 187-148-201 for a 536 series. Let five 10 pins, 1 the 1st gm, 3 the 2nd & 1 the 3rd gm. and picked up 2.

That 2nd game the shot really changed fast, Likely because of all the plastic balls being used. several splits and that game went away. Started with the Bad A$$ (I had changed surface on it before start, which I think gave it better control at the start), 3switched to the Dude right at the end of the 2nd game.

We played the first place team and we only took one point because we tied the first game. We bowled about average and were missing one person. They bowled just a little over average.

The first place team consists of a 80 ave. using a Hello Kitty ball, a 111 ave. using a house ball, a 200 average using a plastic T-zone and the 188 ave. using a Track 300c. and we spotted them 69 pins.

The new shoes are breaking in okay, the heel is starting to not be so grabby. I may have to change soles to see if I can get a little more slide the white microfiber okay, but I feel I'm coming up a little short on my slide. Could be the heel is slowing me down to quick though.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    week 4

Another mediocre week 187-148-201 for a 536 series. Let five 10 pins, 1 the 1st gm, 3 the 2nd & 1 the 3rd gm. and picked up 2.

That 2nd game the shot really changed fast, Likely because of all the plastic balls being used. several splits and that game went away. Started with the Bad A$$ (I had changed surface on it before start, which I think gave it better control at the start), 3switched to the Dude right at the end of the 2nd game.

We played the first place team and we only took one point because we tied the first game. We bowled about average and were missing one person. They bowled just a little over average.

The first place team consists of a 80 ave. using a Hello Kitty ball, a 111 ave. using a house ball, a 200 average using a plastic T-zone and the 188 ave. using a Track 300c. and we spotted them 69 pins.

The new shoes are breaking in okay, the heel is starting to not be so grabby. I may have to change soles to see if I can get a little more slide the white microfiber okay, but I feel I'm coming up a little short on my slide. Could be the heel is slowing me down to quick though.
    That's quite the group you're bowling against, a hello kitty ball and a t zone with a 200 average ! That might be interesting to watch, not sure about bowling them....and they are the 1st place team ?

Sounds like the team from the traveling Circus !

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    That's quite the group you're bowling against, a hello kitty ball and a t zone with a 200 average ! That might be interesting to watch, not sure about bowling them....and they are the 1st place team ?

Sounds like the team from the traveling Circus !
    After 4 weeks they have 25 points out of a possible 28.

It was something watching the girl throwing the hello kitty ball, gutter ball then spare, gutter ball nine count. She shot 51 POA

The 200 ave guy, came in with book ave of 161.

First week goes 232-173-246
    2nd week goes 158-216-182
    3rd week 178-204-217
    4th week 156-223-168

Maybe they calculated his entering average wrong.

They had me listed at a entering 162. When I inquired, he showed me my two leagues; 162 and 149 and they take the highest average. I reluctantly told him the 149 was a sport shot league and should be adjusted higher. So now I have an entering 174 average. DOHT!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast