Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How fast do you bowl when practicing or bowling by yourself

Chats: 10

I misread the initial post. If a long I bowl 5 games and do it in about an hour and 10 minutes. I usually go straight through a game and might sit a few minutes between.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Ringer
    Chats: 0

I generally bowl one right after another, and then take a 5-10 minute break between games, if I'm bowling by myself.

Chats: 1

I always practice with the wife, we get two lanes that switch back and fourth and bowl 3 games just like league. We can burn the three games out in a little under and hr. I stand almost all of the time we bowl.

I've never really bowled on lanes all by myself. But in 3 games, me and someone else can normally bowl in about an hour. So I'd say I can bowl three games in anywhere from half an hour to 40 minutes. I really don't like to take a break while in between games, especially if I'm on a roll. I want to keep it going as long as I can.

I'll go and practice and generally get 2 lanes, I will bowl on the quick side and will usually work on different items.
    I will usually bowl 4 games, at least one game is just practice on whatever has given me trouble recently, more often than not
    it's 10 pins and 7 pins , I will just throw one ball at each every frame.
    The other 3 games I will try different things and sometime just do a 3 game set as if I was bowling league...I am trying to get better at slowing down and sitting down every couple of frames but have often found myself going too fast.
    When I was throwing a 15lb ball this would sometime cause some elbow pain but with the 14 that doesn't happen.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

How fast do I bowl a game if by myself....
    well fast enough that I attempted the world record for pinfall in 24 hours. Didn't break it but gave it a try.

Now I either bowl with at least one other person or just work on specific things. When working on specifics I don't even turn the scoring on. Last Sunday I did one step and foul line drills for three hours, hasd my worse series of the short season on Monday to boot!
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    How fast do I bowl a game if by myself....
    well fast enough that I attempted the world record for pinfall in 24 hours. Didn't break it but gave it a try.

Now I either bowl with at least one other person or just work on specific things. When working on specifics I don't even turn the scoring on. Last Sunday I did one step and foul line drills for three hours, hasd my worse series of the short season on Monday to boot!
    This record would take less time to break: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/eye-...-bowled-minute

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    I tend to bowl without ever sitting down. I end up tiring myself. I need to learn to slow down and take a break in between frames. I try that a few times and end up going back to the same routine. I bowled 4 games this morning in like 40 minutes
    You must be in great shape!!!

I managed 7 games in two hours the other day. I'm getting stronger! Trying to get back to 11 games in three hours.

This week i bowled 2 hours unlimited, 11 games, 12th i threw at the 7 pin, so a game is 10 minutes for me. Usually 6 games for an hour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12