Thread: Hello from ...

Default Hello from ...

About two years ago I started bowling once a week with a group of friends. I was happy just throwing a 12 lb house ball straight at the middle, which often resulted in a strike since I'd usually be off a bit to either side of the head pin. Spares were another story... Some of the guys constantly tried to convince me to hook the ball, employing a thumb-less technique. I didn't care for it and began relentlessly watching videos of PBA matches and instructional videos.

After trying fruitlessly to apply the bowling techniques I'd learned with house balls, I bought my own ball a few weeks later. First time using it I thew it into the lane left of me multiple times. Once I figured out the problem was my death grip I'd learned from using ill-fitting house balls, it got much better and I stopped be a danger to bystanders while bowling! I got addicted, and now bowling is one of my main interests.
    Last edited by jlwonderley; 09-03-2015 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Welcome. We're always glad to have a new voice join the conversation.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Welcome to the board!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Welcome to the board
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Welcome to the board
    Thanks everyone