Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny Story from Last Night

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    The Andy Griffith Show
    Season 8 Episode 2: Howard the Bowler
    Aired Monday 9:30 PM Sep 18, 1967 on CBS

Same scenario almost 50 years ago. Does Mayberry defeat Mount Pilot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mLsJf7hdic
    Also happened on Fantasy Island Season 2 Episode 24 Guest stars where Marshall Holman, Dick Weber, and Mark Roth

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    It's happened before, and the game was continued.

I've had the electricity go out 2 times while at the bowling alley.

1st time we were in the meeting room, which was down a hallway next to the control desk, then turn left, go past the league coordinators office, then into thru the last door.

The room didn't share any walls with the outside, so there were no windows.

When the lights went out, it was so dark, you literally couldn't see your hand in front of your face.

2nd time was during an 8 gamer. I had just release the ball when the power went out. Fortunately it was during the day, so plenty of light came through the glass doors on each end.

It was about game #6, and I wasn't doing very well. I told one of the other bowlers, I would leave..... but they've got me by the ball..

No power, no ball return.

I have no memory of that tournament continuing, so it was either postponed, or once my ball did come back I left, or the more likely possibility is my memory is getting that bad.
    All balls are luckily accounted before.

I'll be interested to see if "Jim's" 7th strike will count. We all saw it, but it was never scored because the power went out as he released the ball.

This center has a glass front door that illuminates a large area, and it wasn't dark yet outside.....so we also luckily weren't tripping each other trying to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    All balls are luckily accounted before.

I'll be interested to see if "Jim's" 7th strike will count. We all saw it, but it was never scored because the power went out as he released the ball.

This center has a glass front door that illuminates a large area, and it wasn't dark yet outside.....so we also luckily weren't tripping each other trying to get out.
    As long as he had started his approach before the power went out and everyone could see the strike, I can't see why not. Like throwing the ball in basketball and the buzzer sounding mid-flight. Is there an official rule for that?

Chats: 204

I was in a bowling alley during an Earthquake. I wasn't up at the time and was just sitting at the table. But shook the TVs around and knocked over most of the pins that were standing. But the power didn't go out so we just finished bowling...after we coaxed our elderly, asian, female teammate out from under the table she had dove under.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    The Andy Griffith Show
    Season 8 Episode 2: Howard the Bowler
    Aired Monday 9:30 PM Sep 18, 1967 on CBS

Same scenario almost 50 years ago. Does Mayberry defeat Mount Pilot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mLsJf7hdic
    Wow that was the most realistic portrayal of bowling I have ever seen on TV or in a movie. Usually they totally mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I was in a bowling alley during an Earthquake. I wasn't up at the time and was just sitting at the table. But shook the TVs around and knocked over most of the pins that were standing. But the power didn't go out so we just finished bowling...after we coaxed our elderly, asian, female teammate out from under the table she had dove under.
    Lol! That's a funny picture, poor lady. I imagine someone leaving a bad split just before the earthquake starts which then knocks the remaining pins over. If it was me, I'd argue that God obviously wanted me to have gotten a strike.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by TonyInPortland View Post
    Wow that was the most realistic portrayal of bowling I have ever seen on TV or in a movie. Usually they totally mess it up.
    It reminds me of an episode of King of Queens where they were playing paintball. And I was all excited because that used to be my passion. Then I watch as they are breaking just about every single rule that a paintball field is going to have. They were climbing trees, making physical contact, only wearing goggles (vs full face protection), and they kept taking their goggles on and off from scene to scene...which will usually get you ejected from the paintball field after 1-2 times doing that.

I just thought to myself...do they even KNOW that now there are gonna be kids and adults that see that and go play paintball with a horrible sense of safety and either get ejected from the field or lose an eye?

Even n The Big Lebowski...the one scene that is just kinda crazy is where he pulls a gun out and makes the guy change the score. I hate to tell ya...but a dude pulls a piece out during league play...in California no less...you don't just get an uncomfortable call from the league president...you're 99.9999999% sure to be arrested.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12