Thread: How is the locker situation at your bowling alley

Default How is the locker situation at your bowling alley

At the one I bowl its $25/year. The strange thing is although each individual locker has combo locks they just use one master key to open all the lockers. This master key just sits near the front desk so anyone has access to it. You can grab the key and open any locker without anyone seeing or having to ask for permission.

I guess they haven't had issues in the past and I don't think there are people specifically intent on stealing other people's bowling balls, especially if they have to pay $50+ to re drill them.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    At the one I bowl its $25/year. The strange thing is although each individual locker has combo locks they just use one master key to open all the lockers. This master key just sits near the front desk so anyone has access to it. You can grab the key and open any locker without anyone seeing or having to ask for permission.

I guess they haven't had issues in the past and I don't think there are people specifically intent on stealing other people's bowling balls, especially if they have to pay $50+ to re drill them.
    Same price here, but they don't hand out the master key.

One thing they do wrong is, if someone gives up the locker, the next person ends up with the same combo, so it's lacks a bit of security.

They had an odd situation last season.

In the middle of the year, someone wanted to rent the locker, but only for a month.

Since they only rent by the year, he paid the yearly amount, then put his "stuff" in the locker.

One of the employees got a bit suspicious about the request so they took a look in the locker, then called the police.

It was filled with non-bowling stolen merchandise.

The price here is 20 per year. I don't think they ever change combo's either.

Funny story, a guy in my league rented a locker, his ball got stolen, the center replaced it.... go to a few years later he had got married and was forced to quit bowling but still had stuff in the locker.
    Came down to get stuff but forgot his combo, went to the desk and they just handed him the master key, he got all the stuff out including notices that he had not paid the locker rent for the last 3 years......went and turned in master key and took his stuff......I highly doubt he ever paid his bill.....

Some of his teammates suspect he lost the ball that was "stolen" but who knows.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The price here is 20 per year. I don't think they ever change combo's either.

Funny story, a guy in my league rented a locker, his ball got stolen, the center replaced it.... go to a few years later he had got married and was forced to quit bowling but still had stuff in the locker.
    Came down to get stuff but forgot his combo, went to the desk and they just handed him the master key, he got all the stuff out including notices that he had not paid the locker rent for the last 3 years......went and turned in master key and took his stuff......I highly doubt he ever paid his bill.....

Some of his teammates suspect he lost the ball that was "stolen" but who knows.
    I would have thought it was when he got married that his balls got "stolen"

Chats: 10

I rented my locker 2 years ago at around $16 for the year. They never asked for anything since. My house is a wreck. It's old, and we are always promised new scoring system is coming. Above the lockers they have buckets to catch rain water. Perhaps if they made people pay to renew lockers they could get the leaks fixed.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Yeah our place we don't even use the combo. Everyone uses the master key

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I would have thought it was when he got married that his balls got "stolen"
    I think it happened about the same time, he has never gotten those balls back, or any replacement balls, from what we can see we think they are in her purse / or she fed them to the dog...

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I don't know the cost, but about 15 years ago they removed quite a few lockers to put in arcade games. A lot of bowlers were unhappy that they could no longer have a locker but financially it made sense for the center
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

$15 per year, $20 if paid after November 1st
    There is a master key for about 2/3 of the lockers. The other 1/3 have their own padlocks.

One thing they do that ticks me off: some bowlers keep their stuff on top of the lockers for free
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com