Thread: Wpba

Chats: 0

Default Wpba

I've always been a huge fan of women's bowling. I just finished watching the U.S. Women's Open. Talk about tough conditions! No one broke 200 on the show. Anyone else watch?

Bowler

I watched, looked like tough conditions. Title match was a tough outcome for Shannon O'Keefe, she seems to struggle in the title matches when she gets there. Tough break for her at the end.

It sure was a tough break for her. She should have picked up that washout in the tenth. Just a terrible break. It was hers to win. She was awesome all week long.

Yeah! Partly because women bowlers tend to have more fundamental, simpler styles and I like seeing that sometimes, as opposed to what weird stuff you see a lot on the men's tour. Shannon O'keefe is one of my favorites.

Chats: 256

Watched the final 2 matches while I was doing work around the house. Pretty intense ending. Tough break for Shannon as she left that washout. So close to picking up. Liz was very intense on her final shots. She lives for that pressure.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

I watched qualifying but then lost interest. I was going to watch the stepladder finals but I was actually bowling (practice) when it was on TV.

I went to the Detroit open. Watched the last round of qualifying and the stepladder finals. My wife and I sat in comfy chairs ON THE APPROACH. Only drawback was we couldn't see the scores, but could feel the breeze as the bowlers made their shots.

I watched it, all matches were very close. I used to watch PBA and PWBA matches 10-12 years ago, and it seems like the announcers always mentioned that the TV finals were on the "highest scoring pair," for the week, which made sense, since the average viewer does not want to watch the pros bowl sub 200 games. Do they still do that? I just started watching again this summer, and have rarely seen the kind of scoring I remember from a few years back.

The scoring the last two tournaments in the finals has been very tough and low. The scores were much higher during the week of the U.S. Open than on the show.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by TonyInPortland View Post
    I watched it, all matches were very close. I used to watch PBA and PWBA matches 10-12 years ago, and it seems like the announcers always mentioned that the TV finals were on the "highest scoring pair," for the week, which made sense, since the average viewer does not want to watch the pros bowl sub 200 games. Do they still do that? I just started watching again this summer, and have rarely seen the kind of scoring I remember from a few years back.
    I know back in the 80's when the PBA came to town, they had decided on the TV pair before bowling even started.

The pair used was based more on location, for seating.

If memory serves, it was 45-46 out of a 60 lane center.