Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So What are the Odds/Tournament Question

Default So What are the Odds/Tournament Question

After finishing a summer league there was a combined 4 AMF center tournament for 4 person teams with first place worth $8000. About 66 teams participated and your league handicap carried over. The purse is being held up as the team that won 1st place had a 112 average bowler bowl 3 consecutive games over 210 and AMF disqualified the team. They've protested and I believe I understand its gone to the UBC for a final answer. I do find it hard to believe a 112 bowler shooting 3 games at 100 pins over average and what timing I might add. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sounds like sandbagging to me.

How many games did they play to set their 112 average. If it's over a span of a full league then shooting 100 pins over 3 games is sandbagging in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Sounds like sandbagging to me.

How many games did they play to set their 112 average. If it's over a span of a full league then shooting 100 pins over 3 games is sandbagging in my eyes.
    I tried to remember. I want to say we started in June.

Seems to me if it's a normal 13 week or so season, the odds of a actual 112 bowler shooting a 630 sounds like a severe sandbagging situation....there is no way that should be allowed.

Chats: 32

Only way I can think of without sandbagging is injury. Even then I wouldn't accept it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Seems to me if it's a normal 13 week or so season, the odds of a actual 112 bowler shooting a 630 sounds like a severe sandbagging situation....there is no way that should be allowed.
    Well I believe so as well. Our team of fairly modest ( 155-154-165-171) bowlers placed 6th which splits $900.00 if the disqualification holds up. We have a young fellow on the team who could pay most of his next league dues if we cash.

Chats: 0

Sounds suspicious to me. Usually a sandbagger will hold around a 175 average then bust out a 700 series. 112 seems odd

I looked at my league score sheet from last year 60 something bowlers and of the guys with a 620 plus series most had 170 0r higher averages, the most exceptional was a guy who shot a 670 and had a 168 average

But a 112 avg shooting a 620 + seems really fishy

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Clear case of sandbagging.

A guy with a 170-175 average can go out and bowl 650, or get lucky and have a game in the 270s-300. If everything falls the right way, they might have a shot at 700 once per season.

There's no way someone with a 112 average pulls off a 600 series, unless the 112 average bowler was sandbagging. Someone with a 112 average might have a shot at a 200 game once per season.....not 3 in the same night.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

pull him up on bowl.com and see what his average history is
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast