Thread: UnBoxing my new Brunswick TPU-X Shoes

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default UnBoxing my new Brunswick TPU-X Shoes

Not a review, just a unboxing.

Picked these up last Friday, Haven't had a chance to try them on the lanes yet. But they look and feel pretty good.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 221

nice looking shoe
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Hey Bowl,
    Now that you have had your shoes for over 5 months how are they doing? Did the fixes they made make a difference for toe dragging? I have the originals that I got when they first were released and still like them but I have worn a spot on the right shoe where I drag it and it has caused the front of the sole to be a bit floppy. Not enough to worry about though. Was thinking I may drop the money and get the new red ones now that the price is at $120.

Can you give some thoughts and what you think of the 2nd gen TPU-X's?
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    Hey Bowl,
    Now that you have had your shoes for over 5 months how are they doing? Did the fixes they made make a difference for toe dragging? I have the originals that I got when they first were released and still like them but I have worn a spot on the right shoe where I drag it and it has caused the front of the sole to be a bit floppy. Not enough to worry about though. Was thinking I may drop the money and get the new red ones now that the price is at $120.

Can you give some thoughts and what you think of the 2nd gen TPU-X's?
    Not having had the 1st gen shoes, I can't compare to them only just what I see in these shoes.

I'm not particularly a toe dragger so I don't wear the shoe tip off like a lot do.

The only problem I've had relates to the velcro on the push pad near my big toe.

Theres a small area where the fuzzy part of the velcro on the push pad doesn't want to stick any more shown here:

I don't feel that it's being peeled back any when bowling, I don't feel any drag. I pulled the pad off and tried that area on another part of the shoe. That part of the fuzzy velcro just won't stick anymore. I could fluff it up some with a brush and it would stick a little but not long.

I think it's because the down ward force when pushing off flattened the velco some in that spot.

I contacted KR and they sent me a free replacement push pad. and suggested when I get the new pad place it a little further back from the toe area, because it would help to prevent it getting caught. (Which to me isn't a option, because that would make part of the pad not be on the velcro in a different spot.)

But I haven't used it yet, I never noticed it getting caught in the first place and The issue hasn't got any worse or caused me any problems. It might just be a defective velco on that particular pad or they need a beefier velco.

So until it does become a problem I'll just save the pad. (even then I might just clip the corner off the pad and see how it does before putting on the new pad)

As you can see there's no wear on the silver toe cap, Now if your a heavy toe dragger it might be different.

Now for the rest of the shoe it's great, they are really comfortable, light.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 02-25-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 23

I do have wear on my toe cap in the first gen model. But I also do have the same issue with the push pad. I bought an extra at one point and have had the same issue. I did think the little drag that I did was the reason it was doing that but looks like that may not be the case. After putting the new push pad on, it started occurring again. Definitely think that maybe a stronger Velcro could be warranted in the front of the shoe. I did see similar with the Velcro on the pad as it didn't want to stick on the front but the rest was fine.

I do like the comfort of these shoes. But hearing that you are having the same issue I may hold off and see what comes out next.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal