Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First step is admitting you have a problem.

In 2 leagues / 5 bowling balls in the last year / just bought a pair of bowling shoes for 100.00 .... I think this is as far as I go , for now !

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    In 2 leagues / 5 bowling balls in the last year / just bought a pair of bowling shoes for 100.00 .... I think this is as far as I go , for now !
    Try it when you, your wife, and both daughters bowl. I hate to think what I spend on equipment for a year. My wife, my youngest daughter, and I are big into it. My eldest daughter just bowls for fun or because I make her.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Try it when you, your wife, and both daughters bowl. I hate to think what I spend on equipment for a year. My wife, my youngest daughter, and I are big into it. My eldest daughter just bowls for fun or because I make her.
    Fortunately I'm the only one addicted at this time the others are addicted to dance, softball , cross country, and shoes ! COME TO THINK OF IT THAT MIGHT BE JUST AS BAD !

Chats: 204

Cool If it's a game...I think I win...or lose...not sure???

Well, from 2-1-14 to 1-31-15 I bowled 1021 games.

Thus far in 2015, I've bowled 566 games in almost 9 months or about 2.22 games/day on average.

I bowled at roughly 15 different centers in 2014 and 15 different centers in 2015 (thus far). 5 tournaments in 2014 and 5 thus far in 2015 (plus 2 Pro-Ams). Since 1-21-14 I've throw 13 different balls, won 2, was given 2, and purchased 24.

As for when I'm not bowling, I'm one of only 3 or so BB.com users with 4500+ posts, I've seen almost every PBA50 and WPBA event on XTraFrame; sometimes including qualifying...most including match play.

My low point (if it's a low) was when I bowled early in the day, and then a friend came over and found me watching the PBA on my TV and the WPBA on my laptop and later that evening went bowling again.

Not sure how he jumped from 160 to 200 though. I've jumped from 121 to 181 over two years and feel 200 is almost as elusive as it was 2 years ago. Wait...is he bowling in Missouri!??

E.T.A.: AND I've paid for lessons from 3 different instructors/pros this year...multiple lessons from each...and it would have been 4 (Sean Rash) except I ended up not being able to attend the clinic I paid for because I was moving at the time and was right in the middle of the move and was exhausted and there just was no way I was going to be able to make it. And yes...I regret it every time I remember it.
    Last edited by Aslan; 09-23-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I work at the center part time. Only three leagues this year. Bowled 7 last season covering two centers with family league being non-sanctioned (got to bowl with the grandkids). I am the volunteer youth coach, assistant coach to the high school team. I've spent more money on coaching certs than Aslan has on balls. I only bought six balls since February. For two years I was co-founder/owner of another forum.
    My wife doesn't bowl. Hell she doesn't walk in at all unless the grandkids are bowling. She is just happy I'm not out womanizing or drinking.
    Tournaments are great but don't set your expectations too high when first participating in them.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I work at the center part time. Only three leagues this year. Bowled 7 last season covering two centers with family league being non-sanctioned (got to bowl with the grandkids). I am the volunteer youth coach, assistant coach to the high school team. I've spent more money on coaching certs than Aslan has on balls. I only bought six balls since February. For two years I was co-founder/owner of another forum.
    My wife doesn't bowl. Hell she doesn't walk in at all unless the grandkids are bowling. She is just happy I'm not out womanizing or drinking.
    Tournaments are great but don't set your expectations too high when first participating in them.

I like that "I only bought six balls since February ". Haven't mentioned that I'm on state USBC youth board of directors. I've only bought four balls for myself this year and two of those were used that I just wanted to try out of course I'm looking at another one now Lol.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I bought 5 balls in the last year and I just order the Columbia 300 Swerve to make that 6. My wife doesn't bowl either so I need to make sure I hide from the new ball from the wife. =P She doesn't understand why I need so many.

I was trying to track my bowling stats and I did it for the month of August but I got too lazy and stopped but this past August I bowled 69 games all in the same center and I would say that is about the average number of games I bowl.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I like that "I only bought six balls since February ". Haven't mentioned that I'm on state USBC youth board of directors. I've only bought four balls for myself this year and two of those were used that I just wanted to try out of course I'm looking at another one now Lol.

I admit, I am a ball whore. I recently bought a new Cyclone to drill RICO just to show people the difference in reaction with that drilling. On the other hand, I know of two guys who go through atleast 20 or 30 balls a calendar year. I don't drink alcohol or partake in drugs so I have to spend my money on something for me. If my wife can buy slippers and purses she doesn't need then I can buy bowling balls.
    I don't take a check from the center during the summer. After the first week of fall leagues starting I made the mistake of telling my wife how much the check was for. She rolled her eyes when I said it was to pay for bowling supplies. I also pay the league fees for five of my grandkids to bowl and she doesn't complain about that.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 0

Hello my name is Jessie and I have a problem ..LOL Addicted to bowling YES. bought 7 balls and 2 bags since January. I have 2 on order for 17th of the month and I just won the Haywire (thank God cause I am changing ball weights from 13 to 14) When I first started back in January I bought 2 16# balls big mistake. I let my old PSO talk me into 13# balls (4 of them) second mistake. Finally settled on 14# equipment since I hated that the manufactures use a generic weight block on most balls under 14. replaced my 13# Crux with a 14# Roto Grip Sinister, my 13# Ride, 13# Rhino Gold,13# Score and 13# Taboo Spare ball are all going by bye. Passing them to my son and daughter in law. Going to Add the Sky Rocket and the Joy Ride along with the Haywire I just won. Plus all the new balls will have the switch grips. Total about $2200. NO WONDER IM BROKE! is there a bowler anonymous?
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Well, I just purchased a Ebonite 14# Pivot Point (Fold of Honor) from EBAY for $38.97. Wow, I am amazed at the great almost new condition of this ball. They plugged it and damn near matched the color while doing it. Now to get it drilled. My ball speed is about 11Mph with 300 spin which is considered a slow ball.

PAP 4 1/4 x 1/4 up
    Pin to PAP 4"
    45* x 4 x 45*
    Last edited by Midnight Cowboy66; 11-14-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast