Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League etiquette frame to frame?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

During leagues it doesn't really matter. Be aware for the future though that some tournaments do require an entire team to finish a frame before beginning the next frame.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

I have been bowling lead-off on my Wed night team. The last few weeks we have been bowling against some higher average teams where many frames are all strikes, this causes them to finish many frames first. What I typically find myself doing is when they finish I find I am heading down to the lane with my 3rd man finishing up or my anchor bowler. If it's my third guy finishing up I'll sometimes go ahead and throw a ball so we keep up, if my anchor is heading down with me I'll let him shoot first. I try to make sure we stay on the same frame. I find it knocks our game tempo off a little if we get ahead or behind and end up bowling back to back on both lanes so I control the game and keep things even.
    I've never had anyone question me or have a tantrum but if they do too bad for them, whatever I did to cause it ,I might do again someday to them .....

Chats: 0

There's always a chance to be paired up with terrible people. A couple weeks ago in my Wednesday league my teammate was bowling the game of her life. I think she bowled a 132 and her average is 77. We use a handicap scoring system so we ended up beating the other team that game pretty easily. There was a lady on the other team who instead of congratulating my friend on bowling the best game of her life, proceeded to loudly complain that it wasn't fair and they could never win when my "terrible team gets lucky as **** and randomly bowls well". Terrible human beings are everywhere and karma will eventually catch up to them I hope.

Pin Crusher

Lefty you must remember some people are entitled other are just lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty651 View Post
    There's always a chance to be paired up with terrible people. A couple weeks ago in my Wednesday league my teammate was bowling the game of her life. I think she bowled a 132 and her average is 77. We use a handicap scoring system so we ended up beating the other team that game pretty easily. There was a lady on the other team who instead of congratulating my friend on bowling the best game of her life, proceeded to loudly complain that it wasn't fair and they could never win when my "terrible team gets lucky as **** and randomly bowls well". Terrible human beings are everywhere and karma will eventually catch up to them I hope.
    I would proceed to tell her to go find and bowl a scratch league, otherwise SHUT UP

I have been on the receiving end of that paring. Last Tuesday we bowled a team that were normally sub 100s bowlers. It's a 3 person team and we were down my son due to recovering from being in the hospital last week. I looked at the averages and figured even with my son's blind score we should do well. Boy was I wrong they cleaned our clocks. This "low scoring team" started doubling up on strikes and pulled out 40 to 50 pins over average each! We lost all 3 games but that did not stop us from congratulating the ladies when they rolled strikes. One of the ladies was having an issue with her ball crossing over the head pin leaving bad spare shots. I helped her out by having her keep her target but move 3 boards left and brought her back to the pocket. She did thank me. It's a game folks if we win or get thoroughly stomped the object is have fun. BTW the other two ladies were straight bowlers and I must say I never seen so many high headpin hits resulting in strikes in my life.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12