Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Limit to number of balls in the rack?

Chats: 0

I love bowl1820's answer. "We do not have a league rule against it". I will use this reply when I get the chance. It could be soon.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Seems to always be that fine line between OCD and a$$hole. Ours only fit 10, but there's another rack that fits another dozen so we never have this issue

Banned
    Chats: 68

I make it a habit when shooting a spare to stick around and pick the spare ball off the rack and set it on one of the unused seats.

Someone asked why I do that and I answered, if there isn't room for everyone to have two up there, then there isn't room for anyone to have two up there.

Pin Crusher

Our return rack only holds about 13 balls 6 on each side and one right in front of the return hole. When it is full I give notice a few times then start off loading the last 3 onto the floor. After a few times they get the message.

Ringer

Last week, we had a backup because people weren't paying enough attention to getting their spare balls, and a couple went crashing overboard onto the floor.

I generally don't get too excited about the balls on the return. But, there's a few in my league who are oblivious and don't bother to take theirs off the rack until a problem arises.

Chats: 32

I always carry a master cup with me as all of our returns are older and can only fit 6-10 balls so it's almost always an issue. I bowled a lot of doubles and trio's leagues before and didn't use to have to worry about it. it took some getting used to having to wait for the spare ball and move it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer

At our house everyone normally keeps just there strike ball on the rack. But sometimes a person can forget i don't think its a big deal.

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Our return rack only holds about 13 balls 6 on each side and one right in front of the return hole. When it is full I give notice a few times then start off loading the last 3 onto the floor. After a few times they get the message.
    That's very brave of you. I don't get upset easy but when Someone puts hands on my things that's a fight waiting to happen. My lead bowler hates when the rack is full sometime the wife will put an extra ball in the rack to mess with him ha ha ha.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Yes, off loading someone elses ball on to the floor (or anywhere else) without their permission is a fight waiting to happen. Especially if someone starts saying your tampering with their stuff, you damaged it etc.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I have not seen anyone try that tactic, I would have some doubt about remaining in good health with some of the guys in my league.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast