Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Limit to number of balls in the rack?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Helping keep the place safe is a good thing. Usually the balls in the back aren't being used. Just trying to help. I am 69 yrs old and starting a fight with a old man and only 2 things will happen you get embarrassed or arrested. Or end up in the hospital.

Yeah my rule is I don't touch other peoples balls and they don't touch mine. As long as we all agree I'm pretty relaxed at bowling

Chats: 204

This has increasingly been a problem as more and more people have switched to spare balls.

Some houses have racks beneath the ball returns...some Brunswick houses still have the round tables where you can put extra balls. But most houses have gotten rid of these...so on league night you can barely find a place to sit down anywhere near the lanes because there are balls in all the chairs.

And yes...if you have 11 balls on the rack...some old woman will almost certainly point it out and make someone come and remove it. I remember one lady that as part of her pre-shot ritual would count the balls on the rack. Rediculous.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Yeah my rule is I don't touch other peoples balls and they don't touch mine. As long as we all agree I'm pretty relaxed at bowling
    My rule is that Olivia Wilde can touch my balls as much as she....oh nevermind...different topic.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Helping keep the place safe is a good thing. Usually the balls in the back aren't being used. Just trying to help. I am 69 yrs old and starting a fight with a old man and only 2 things will happen you get embarrassed or arrested. Or end up in the hospital.
    LOL that explains it !

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Best rule is never bowl with women. If you have to don't mention anything about "rack size" or too many balls.

Chats: 10

I set my spare ball below the return. But often forget to take it off after I use it. Usually not a issue and others usually say just keep it up on the return.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

My trios league it stays on the rack. Only about five if us even use a spare ball.
    Monday men's is 5 man teams. Next up takes the last guy's ball off. This helps to cut down on traffic at the return.
    Tuesday men's we get our own.

Rack holds ten. Tuesday's is scratch so there are usually 15-20 balls on the floor at the end of the return.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Best rule is never bowl with women. If you have to don't mention anything about "rack size" or too many balls.
    First sentence makes me think you are afraid of a little "competition". Second sentence makes me think you are a bit smart. Quite a diabolical personality.

I don't mind extra balls on the rack, but I do mind when it gets too full and nobody cares. Also, I hate when the older, higher than thou "guys" (usually aren't the women) think they are above all others and are entitled to leave their spare balls on top of the rack when there isn't enough room for all players to do that. I just accept the fact that they are generally a a-hole and go about m business of beating them into the ground scorewise. But when balls start jumping off the rack due to lack of room, I take the safety of my toes seriously and have the balls to say something to the other team, as it's not our team causing the issue. Both my teams are good about removing the spare ball of the person bowling in front of you.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

I usually will leave mine up there if somebody is absent. But if I notice that there are 11 balls up there...I'll take mine down.

The thing that gets me...is some ladies will stand there counting them and complain that the balls are going to bounce off the rack...yet most of the reason for that is...nobody is READY to bowl. So we end up with 11-12 balls on the rack because nobody is bowling...they're just counting the balls. GRAB YOUR BALL AND BOWL!!

It never fails...this Wednesday team is the FIRST team EVER where I don't have to wait and look around and wonder WTH our bowler is because it's her friggin turn. It happened on Tuesdays the last 2 seasons...as our female teammate had to "visit" all the other teams. And last season's Wednesday team...the leadoff lady...I swear sometimes she'd leave and go to WalMart or something...nowhere to be found. And this season's Monday team...forget about it. I wanted to name the team "Where's Brittany"?" because that's what we say about 36 times per night.

But that fella was on to something with the lady hating...classygranny excluded of course....but who's balls are usually falling off the rack? The women's 12-14lb nonsense. My 16lb balls never fell off the rack. They just pushed all the other ones off.

The bottom line is, at least for me, it's not an easy thing to remember. I'm so "in my own head" while I'm bowling, and trying to figure out what went wrong or why I missed or whatever...that the last thing on my mind is, "oh wait...now I have 2 balls on the rack and I'm only allowed 1". If I'd only throw strikes...I wouldn't even need the 2nd ball. That's the damn shame of it.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast