Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Limit to number of balls in the rack?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I have bowled with GUYS that go and visit, etc. to not be ready when it's their turn. A few times of paging them over the intercom and the conversation that ensues usually solves the problem. If I can go out and smoke between games of a trio league bowling second and be back and ready before my turn they sure as hell can play lottery, get a beer or whatever before their turn on a 5 person team.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Seems like a lot of trio leagues on here is that on purpose or because you don't have enough bowlers? Not many with a sense of humor either.

Chats: 32

I struggle to remember to take my spare off too especially if I'm having a rough night spare shooting. It's hard to be cussing yourself and still be self aware enough to remember to grab the ball

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Seems like a lot of trio leagues on here is that on purpose or because you don't have enough bowlers? Not many with a sense of humor either.
    Think it's too things with the trios. One they finish faster and it helps fill lanes. So lack of bowlers and saves time. I bowled two trio leagues during summer. None this fall. Will have a doubles league starting in October.

Blog Entries

The Sunday Trio league I bowl has been around since 1964 when the center opened.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Not many with a sense of humor either.
    How so?
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

I noticed many people don't have spare balls or even a second strike ball. There will be 6-7 balls on the rack and I'll still put my spare ball on bottom rack. This week we'll see how many balls are on top rack. If enough room I'll just go ahead and leave my spare ball there also

Blog Entries

Social league only bowlers tend to only have one maybe two balls and usually not a spare specific ball. That being said I do know one that uses plastic, throws straight and has one for forst throws and one for spare attempts. Me being me I remarked that given her ten straight open frames that maybe she had them backwards.

The scratch leagues are funny to watch bowlers walk in. Tons of 4 ball and 6 ball bags. I have two 3 ball totes at the center, I grab one and whatever is in there is what I use. Some nights I regret it. It's a great sport and I like playing the game and being a ball whore is just one small part of the equation.

Each person/team/league should addrress the number of balls in the rack issue as is needed both for safety and to prevent frustration. We are all human so expecting a person to never forget to remove their spare ball is ludicrous.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Chats: 0

Wink Interesting range of responses

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    I have been bowling for a long long time and this is the first time this issue has ever come up. It is a new league for me in a fairly new house for me. I generally carry my regular ball and a ball to use to get certain spares. I usually keep that second ball below the regular balls, but when I use it it will end up with the regular balls. I have never had anyone complain until this week when someone said - "We should only have 10 balls in the upper rack - one for each bowler on each team. Who has an extra ball?" It was mine, of course I was the only one that night that had an extra ball. I have bowled in leagues where more than one person had more than one ball and they were all in the upper rack. Is there anything that says you can only have one ball for each person or was this just an incidence of someone's OCD coming out?
    Well we are now four weeks into the league and I appears that while most bowlers do not have a second ball, some do and they do keep them below the regular rack.

This is a five person league, but the rack would probably fit 7 balls on a side. I am not making an issue of this, just trying to remember to put that spare ball out of the way.

The range of responses here has been interesting, and some of them are quite funny. Thanks to all.

Last night the other team didn't show up. They pre-bowled. Broncos played Sunday Night Football so they couldn't miss it

Only us three so all balls were on the rack. Finished in an hour.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast