Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Limit to number of balls in the rack?

Chats: 0

Angry Limit to number of balls in the rack?

I have been bowling for a long long time and this is the first time this issue has ever come up. It is a new league for me in a fairly new house for me. I generally carry my regular ball and a ball to use to get certain spares. I usually keep that second ball below the regular balls, but when I use it it will end up with the regular balls. I have never had anyone complain until this week when someone said - "We should only have 10 balls in the upper rack - one for each bowler on each team. Who has an extra ball?" It was mine, of course I was the only one that night that had an extra ball. I have bowled in leagues where more than one person had more than one ball and they were all in the upper rack. Is there anything that says you can only have one ball for each person or was this just an incidence of someone's OCD coming out?

Chats: 256

How many does the rack fit? If it fits more than 10 and you are only one with an extra, who cares. Tell the person bringing it up to get over it.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    How many does the rack fit? If it fits more than 10 and you are only one with an extra, who cares. Tell the person bringing it up to get over it.
    I agree if it fits and balls can still return what's the big deal ..some people
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Extra balls on the rack, freak some people out. Yes if everyone forgets and leaves a spare ball up there, balls backup in the return etc. It's usually not a big deal.

A woman on my Tuesday league several years back, complained because I had a extra ball on the rack. Said its against the rules and I had to tell her we don't have that rule. Plus we were missing a bowler that night, So there really wasn't a "extra" ball there to begin with.

See The big women's league here, actually had a rule at one time saying you could only have one ball on the return. (I don't know if they still have it).

The fun ones are when someone on the other team starts complaining about the your team having extra balls up there and you have to point out none of those extra balls are yours! there his teams balls.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 1

If it fits it ships o wait never mind. My teammate hates when the rack is loaded with balls. We don't have under racks at our house.so if I'm using more then one ball I'll keep the second close to me off the rack.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I've bowled mostly doubles and trios leagues the last six years, so I've gotten used to leaving my spare ball on the return rack, and have seen other bowlers with as many as 4 balls on the rack. I find that when I sub in a league with 5 person teams that I forget to pull one of my balls off the rack at the end of my turn. There really isn't room at our center to have more than 10 balls on the return.
    John

A couple of years ago, in a DOUBLES LEAGUE, one of the bowlers on the other team complained that there were too many balls on the ball return. It just so happened that all of the balls were coming back on one side of the split ball return. There weren't too many balls, you just had to pay attention.. He took one of the my balls and removed it from the ball return. I told him that if he touched one of my bowling balls again, he might have to remove it from one of his internal orafices. He apologized in short order and the problem was resolved!

The racks at the center I'm at can hold 12 balls so typically anyone with a spare ball will pull it from the rack if we are close to the max and put it on the shelf / counter behind the rack.
    The one league is 4 man so depending on the teams bowling there's not always a full rack, I've only heard a bowler complain a few times when the rack is full" we need to get some of the spare balls off the rack"
    The last time was a fri morning 3 man league a couple lanes down from me that had loaded up the rack.

Chats: 221

I usually just bring a ball cup with me and set my spare ball on the floor either under or at the end of the rack
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

It doesn't bother me much. As long as the balls aren't getting backed up, I could care less how many balls you bring. I keep my strike ball up on top, and my spare ball on the lower rack (if there is one) until I have to use it, and at that point I just leave it on the top rack.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast