Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Limit to number of balls in the rack?

Left side single pin spares are easy for me now (2, 4, 7). I'm thinking close to 95% rate. Of course I play only on house shots but I know exactly where to stand and where to target for each of those pins and get it pretty regularly.

Right side ones are a different story, especially 6 and/or 10. I do use a spare ball for those but even then it's an adventure.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    How are you missing them? Are you missing left or dumping the ball into the channel? I was struggling with making 10 pins a few months ago and my problems was I was too concerned about throwing the ball into the gutter that I would miss left a lot. What finally helped me was I bought a Storm Mix for my spare ball, it's a pearl urethane ball and I applied a 1000 grit pad to it. It still goes really straight but has enough hold that if I miss right a little bit that it has a chance to ride the gutter and still make the 10. That gave me more confidence and I rarely miss left now and if I do miss it's because the ball drops into the gutter right before hitting the 10. My 10 pin percentage was about 55% and I would say it's about 75% now.

Although before buying my Storm Mix, I should have realized I could have tried applying surface to the spare ball to give it more hold too. Anyway, I would say give that a shot, maybe surface your spare ball so it doesn't skid as much and see if that helps.
    That's the bad thing about it there is no rhyme or reason to it when I start struggling with it. It's mental with me. I'll throw one in the gutter, the next I'll miss to the left when it gets really bad I'll throw what looks like a good one and the ball hooks just around the pin (yes I use plastic but still hooks some). Then I get frustrated with and get to where I can't hit anything. Been fine since but on that night I really should have started throwing two handed or granny style or something it was pathetic. Surface on the plastic ball wouldn't be a good idea for me. I struggle in some of my wood lane houses with friction on the outside making the ball hook.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Right side spares are not my issue even being right handed. Now if I leave a 4 pin or 7 pin then it's an adventure. It's not a lack of practice either. I have gone so far as to getting 100 7 pins in a row then 100 4 pins. It has to be mental or maybe it's because I'm mental. I had one season where my conversion rate for the 7-10 split was higher than my 7 pin. The odd part is I hit the 7 pin when going for that split.

Any body else get so mad at themself that they just throw too damn hard at the single pins? One of these days one of those 30mph throws are going to take my shoulder with it.
    I think that's what happens with me on the right side stuff frustration sets in. Usually if I miss a 7 pin it's because I misread the amount of transition that has taken place. Always use one of your practice throws to get one over there during warm ups has helped me a lot with that problem.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456