Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bowling towel etiquette

What is enough money or enough profit?? Funny how you Cali liberals love to give away other peoples money. If you have extra money at the end of the month why don't you give it away? As long as you pay your bills and have money for recreation that should be enough right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    To add some substance to my complete hypothetical...here's something I found online:

CASH FLOWS

The lineage (games) in a well run, state-of-the-art center in the U.S. can range (on the high side) from 12,000-15,000 games per lane per year. The national average for chain operated centers is 9250 lines per year. Internationally, centers in certain new markets have generated as much as 25,000-30,000 lines per year. The average cost per game in the U.S. is approximately $2.00 The average nonbowling revenue is $.67 for every $1.00 of bowling revenue. This is for things such as food and beverage, shoe rental, vending machines, arcade games, etc. A bowling center averaging 11,000 lines per year will generate approximately $36,750 per lane annually. Operating cash flows should be from 25%-33% of gross revenue.

So a 40-lane center should gross $1,470,000.
    In my complete hypothetical, I had that at $1,092,000.

Most rough estimates on cost per day seem in line with my estimate of $1850 ($1830 from what I found online).

So, despite not yet being fully analyzed and vetted by our resident fact checker MWhite...I think I guessed pretty close. Now, do centers make $300-$400 thousand a year? Probably not. I'd guess more in the $50,000 range for most centers after taxes and all expenses...but this will vary greatly based on location, pricing, and most significantly whether the center is carrying loan debt. But the data I've found uses $2/game as the average game price and I'd say that's an outdated price. Most centers are closer to $3/game on average.
    Those figures are from a 1998 analysis so for many reasons you have wasted your time with these numbers. We have lost all kinds of bowling centers in the last 17 years so i'm not sure what your point is with this.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    What is enough money or enough profit?? Funny how you Cali liberals love to give away other peoples money. If you have extra money at the end of the month why don't you give it away? As long as you pay your bills and have money for recreation that should be enough right?
    So you're essentially endorsing the Bill Gates and Warren Buffet philosophy that when you have a poo-ton of money...more than you could realistically spend in 2 lifetimes...it's best to give some of it away? Or are you saying Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are foolish because that's their money...whether they need it or not...and they should thus store it in a vault like Scrooge McDuck and dive into it like kids playing in leaves??

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Those figures are from a 1998 analysis so for many reasons you have wasted your time with these numbers. We have lost all kinds of bowling centers in the last 17 years so i'm not sure what your point is with this.
    Well, the bowling industry...especially ball manufacturers...tend to be a little closed fisted with data...so it was the best I could find on short notice.

Wouldn't it be nice for all ball manufacturers to publish sales numbers and have a database where you could go in and find the ball that has thrown the most 300s or is used in the most PBA events, etc.., etc...? I think it would be.

I will create a separate thread for my political ramblings. I've hijacked towel etiquette enough.

ASLAN "Illegal workers shortcut the system and allow companies to circumvent the laws of supply and demand."

What ? Illegal workers (more labor supply) shift the equilibrium wage right / down. It would be closer to say unions attempt to circumvent the laws of supply and demand by pushing the wage higher than would it would otherwise be, using the market. Actual changes in both cases are a shift along the demand curve. There are also some "Obama logic" economists that would say demand expands and equilibrium remains constant. While it could be somewhat true for items produced if they are partially paid in production, but that doesn't happen enough to be accepted by most economists.

Not at all seeing where this turned off of the towel thread, where the demand for towels and the supply of towels meet is the bowling center ?

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    ASLAN "Illegal workers shortcut the system and allow companies to circumvent the laws of supply and demand."

What ? Illegal workers (more labor supply) shift the equilibrium wage right / down.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It would be closer to say unions attempt to circumvent the laws of supply and demand by pushing the wage higher than would it would otherwise be, using the market.
    Correct. That's why under an Aslanian Administration....we would eliminate illegal immigration, the minimum wage, and labor unions. And it's a far, far simpler and more humane plan that what "The Donald" proposes. Read more in my "politics thread" (if it isn't on fire and locked yet).

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Ugh, I hate this too man!

I also hate people that leave rosin bags on the ball return ... That's the worst!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456