Thread: Storm/Roto Grip demo day.

Chats: 1

Default Storm/Roto Grip demo day.

So I bowled a Storm/Roto grip demo today and here's what I used.
    Started with the new Lock. It Reminded me a lot of my crux just stronger. Clean till the end. Smooth ball not as much jump off the dry.
    Next was the Optimus solid this ball was not my Fav of the day. It did the job. I just felt like I got too much midland out of it. On a heavier shot I could see this ball killing the rack.
    Next up was the Haywire this ball was a bit of a trick at first. The Storm rep had me change my release just a hair and that let the ball get more on the backend. At first this ball was not working for me made some changes and it was night and day. You have to be on point with this ball. This would be a great ball to start league night off and will forgive as it drys up. But you have to be on your mark!
    After that I got the menaces and boy was this the ball! This ball moved and hit like nothing else I have thrown. Very clean and lots of backend. I think this is my next ball. I got looks out of this ball that I have never seen.
    Last but not least the Skyrocket. This ball was way stronger then I thought it would be. Good benchmark ball for a seasoned bowler, also good for a newer bowler this would be a great ball to learn off of. If I had a little more hand this would also be a perfect ball. Very easy to read and strong from start to finish.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I was under the impression the Lock was to replace the Scream. I loved that ball. The lack of jump could be in part due to the layout compared to your PAP.
    Optimus Solid is a strong ball. They tend to have more midlane read due to being intended for longer or heavier patterns.

I enjoy demo days and hope you enjoyed yours and learned more in the process.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Brain fart by me. I had the Loco and the Lock backwards. Sorry for any confustion
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I too was at an event that included a Storm/RotoGrip matchmaker. Since the event also included coaching by Norm Duke & Pete Weber, a video recorded lesson with coach Dale------(forgot his last name), and a "Dukes of hazzard" vs "Weber's Wariors" Baker format match, the ball demo seemed a bit disorganized. Since I did the ball demo first and was having problems with both the fit of the thumb and sticking on the approach, I wasn't thrilled by either the Lock or the RotoGrip Haywire.
    John

Chats: 0

Never truly did a ball demo. Went to one once but couldn't get on a lane with a ball. Everyone too busy fraternizing to help. Still bought one of the balls they were demo-ing but off my normal PSO. Can't help if they didn't want my money.

Chats: 0

I just ordered 3 new balls from my local PSO all 14# (changing from 13#) ordered a sinister, a skyrocket, and a joy-ride all with interchangeable thumbs. I can not wait to try these out . Replaced my Crux and Ride with the Sinister and the Joy-Ride. The Skyrocket, I seen a friend throw one and wow what a ball!
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 10

I love the Haywire! On fresh its killer! On the dry still does the work!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com