Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 600 series, but still erratic

Default Another 600 series, but still erratic

Last week bowled 243-170-189

This week a bit more consistent at 199-182-227

Spread from first week was 73 pins (difference from highest to lowest games)

Spread from this week was only 28

Happy with 600 series but would prefer more consistent scoring (ex: 200-204-198)

I guess that comes with time and practice. Ball definitely feels better off the hand than ever before. It just feels "right". And only two brooklyn strikes last night. Others were right in the pocket.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

The way bowling is scored tends to lead to bigger differences between games. Miss a couple easy spares and you can quickly drop twenty pins under. Start stringing strikes and and you bounce back over.

One of the keys to throwing 600s on a regular basis is learning to observe your ball. Not just watching to see if it hit your mark, and not even watching to see if it's in the pocket, but watching it all the way til it drops off the back of the pin deck. Then you will have the information you need to adjust as the lanes transition.
    John

Chats: 204

A 600 is a 600. I've only managed 1 in 4 tries thus far this season between my two leagues.

Chats: 10

Congrats. Rolled one myself tonight. Kee them coming.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Congrats!

That is two more 600s than I've thrown this season. I've been stuck in the 560s-580s with ill-timed splits and a couple of bonehead single-pin misses.

I am pretty excited about the 600s but get one great game to cover the other two more average or bad games.

But I am using less motion in my wrists. Just keeping it firm behind the ball and releasing. Thumb is not sticking so helps keep things consistent.

Chats: 32

Congrats on the good bowling NTB keep it up.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer
    Chats: 0

All kidding aside.....if there was a BowlingBoards.com "Most Improved Bowler" award, it would have to go to NewToBowling.

From when you've started until now, it really seems like you've put a lot of time into getting a lot better. The fact that you're throwing 600s is tremendous. Keep it up.

bowl1820, can we ship this guy a towel or something???

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    All kidding aside.....if there was a BowlingBoards.com "Most Improved Bowler" award, it would have to go to NewToBowling.

From when you've started until now, it really seems like you've put a lot of time into getting a lot better. The fact that you're throwing 600s is tremendous. Keep it up.

bowl1820, can we ship this guy a towel or something???

Wow, if that's the case, Aslan should receive a brand new car!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast