Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drilled up a new ball

Chats: 0

Default Drilled up a new ball

For my birthday in April my wife got me a Brunswick Vintage Gold Rhino Pro. I finally got it drilled up. Went pin up, pin is 5 1/2 " from my VAL, PAP is 6" over, 1" up. Went to my Thursday night league house and bowled on lanes that haven't been oiled since Saturday morning. Ball did great. Could wheel the ball out to around 7 and it came back easily. Carry was sporadic as the pin deck was full of carry down. Left way more 7's than 10's. Bowled two games. All I tweaked was the radius around the thumbhole I like to have. Great ball for scorched lanes.

Thursday night league where the lanes haven't been oil since Saturday morning? If this is really the case, the owners should seriously consider selling... they are going nowhere but down!

Chats: 10

I got a Roto Grip Haywire drilled up a few weeks back. My alley laid down a little more oil so I wanted alittle more aggressive ball. From first week to the next I went up 61 pins and from that week to tonight I went,up 83 pins. Love this ball.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Awesome Blomer! Rob, where I bowl league, it's just a little 16 lane mom&pop operation. They only oil what needs done for leagues. Not much traffic at all. The lanes are the original wood lanes that were installed in 1962. They take care of the place.
    This gave me a look at that ball for what it's for- get through scorched lanes and still carry.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    Awesome Blomer! Rob, where I bowl league, it's just a little 16 lane mom&pop operation. They only oil what needs done for leagues. Not much traffic at all. The lanes are the original wood lanes that were installed in 1962. They take care of the place.
    This gave me a look at that ball for what it's for- get through scorched lanes and still carry.
    I'll take your word for it but if they didn't oil any of my wood lane houses for 5 days you would never get the ball past the arrows
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

People seem to forget that oil is actually conditioner. It wasn't originally intended to be used to dictate "patterns" but rather to condition the wood to enhance the longevity of each board by protecting the enamel coating. Conditioner is expensive but far less so than having to replace the lanes prematurely.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    I got a Roto Grip Haywire drilled up a few weeks back. My alley laid down a little more oil so I wanted alittle more aggressive ball. From first week to the next I went up 61 pins and from that week to tonight I went,up 83 pins. Love this ball.
    I think this ball is soon to be in my bag. Like what I see and hear from those who have it.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by TVan View Post
    I think this ball is soon to be in my bag. Like what I see and hear from those who have it.
    Ditto on that. Saw one in action last night and the ball is nice and smooth with a nice finish. Since my Hyper Cell and Disturbed have done so well for me in the past, this one is getting into my bag.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I think all new balls are nice when first rolled. I like to hear stories about them after say 50-100 games.

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    I think all new balls are nice when first rolled. I like to hear stories about them after say 50-100 games.
    Absolutely true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast