Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I weird for liking how a bowling alley smells?

Default Am I weird for liking how a bowling alley smells?

Everytime I walk in an alley and smell that oil it just conjures up pleasant memories. Now that my bowling bag smells the same way it's even better.

Call me weird. And no, I don't have any scented Storm balls.

Yes.

Chats: 32

You probably are weird most of us on this site are. It takes at least an unusual person to be talking about bowling at 2:00 in the afternoon. I have to agree the smell of the oil does give me a charge when I walk in the door though.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Yeah, I'm at "work" right now but don't feel like actually working

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Since we got new lanes the oil smells like bug spray?

Ringer
    Chats: 0

This is the first time I've ever thought about how a bowling alley smells on a normal day.

When the A/C broke this summer at the place where I bowl......it smelled like a locker room.

Hmm, the places I go to smell "nice". Nothing moldy or sour like a locker room.

Chats: 32

The different houses I bowl in have different smells. I guess different brands of oil. It's much stronger in some houses than others. The wood lane house where my PSO is located the oil smell hits you as soon as you open the door. It's not unpleasant smelling at any of my houses.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

When I lived up in the pacific northwest, most of the bowling alleys had their unique smell. some of which, brings back a lot of memories. but, the center where I first started bowling as a youth, though it's smoke free now, it still has its unique smell. And when I go visit my birth place, I make sure I drop by to say hi to the folks who still work there since the early 80's.

The bowling center I go to now, I don't notice any smell unless I go passed the toilets.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Deep fried food, popcorn and pizza. Stale beer if the cleaning crew misses a trash bag of cans.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast